1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What bag do you prefer?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by jivers1993, Aug 8, 2017.

1. jivers1993

jivers1993 Empty Pockets

i just want something to carry a laptop and other essentials like maybe a notebook, pens, and maybe a book. I just got into pharmacy school so I would need something that looks professional. I started a new post just to get fresh opinions because when I search my question the posts were really old. Also what would you all think is a good price range because everything I look at is a few hundred dollars and they do not seem like good quality.

2. BTG108

BTG108 Loaded Pockets

Look at the Osprey Nebula, Parsec, and the new Pandion. Great packs that look professional enough for most places

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. BTG108

BTG108 Loaded Pockets

Also the Alpha One Niner Evade. The Evade is more than the Ospreys but is available in more colors/materials and has a CCW compartment if you care about that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. eggzoomin

eggzoomin Loaded Pockets

This week I picked up a Fjӓllrӓven Raven 28l rucksack, as my faithful old Rush 24's yoke stitching is starting to give out. More than enough room, made from G1000 material that can be reproofed easily using their Greenland wax, padded laptop sleeve, two bottle pockets and plenty of internal organisation - pen and phone slots, zipped mesh pockets for other stuff. Available in a range of colours (I went for black, surprise surprise). My partner liked it so much that she is going to pick up the 20l version. Not especially dear either - I had been looking at the Evade and Tom Bihn Synapse 25, but the prices are nuts once you add shipping and tax to the UK. It's lovely - nice stitching, looks very smart (I work in an office) and has everything I wanted in terms of storage and organisation.

aicolainen likes this.
  5. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I am waving the flag for the 5.11 RUSH 12, I use it almost daily and it constantly amazes me how it manages to be everything I need it to be.

EXCALIBUR likes this.
  6. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I've used an ArcTeryx Blade 24 for the last 6-7-8 years, I guess. I've used it for business travel, EDC and vacations. I would say this bag works well for business. I'm not overly concerned about appearance, but I've noticed that it seems to be quite popular in that environment. I have some gripes with it though, but this might not be a problem on later iterations, and are obviously not too troublesome as this is my longest living/serving EDC/business backpack.

It fills up rather quickly though, so if you carry computer and some books you might have a hard time packing additional items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggzoomin likes this.
  7. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

The pack I always go to when I need to carry a laptop is the Goruck GR1. It's Bombproof and looks very clean/professional.

tdb likes this.
  8. jivers1993

jivers1993 Empty Pockets

Thanks for all the replies I have been reading them and am still debating on what I like best all your imputes are great and are helping.

9. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

The North Face Surge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

I'll throw in a little different one.
    It's a roll top
    Mixedworks Falcon S or Falcon M.
    They are made in Poland.

11. Pardner

Pardner Loaded Pockets

The Arcteryx Blades are very understated and would blend in. Comes in a few sizes and allows briefcase carry (although the straps don't stow). If you don't mind the molle, the GoRucks are also good, the Rucker was recently on sale for $125 if I recall correctly (or you can try and find one of their discontinued SK26 packs which did not have molle).

12. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

My go to EDC is a slightly modified Maxped, Pygmy Falcon 2. but that would be a bad choice for carrying a laptop. When I have to do that I switch to my Rush 12. Just a great little bag!

13. tdb

tdb Loaded Pockets

I will second recommendations for an Arcteryx or Goruck bag. I have not used any of the commuter oriented Arcteryx bags but I have only heard good things about them.
    I have however used and currently use a black Goruck GR1 26L for nursing school. It holds everything I need and allows me to add or take away stuff as needed. I think that or the slightly smaller 21L would fit your needs pretty well! Goruck bags are pricey, but they have a lifetime warranty and are all but bombproof. Plus they're made in the USA.