1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What are your top three EDC flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Perfectful, May 19, 2010.

1. Perfectful

Perfectful Banned

As you are a flashlight enthusiastic fan ,you must have some EDC flashlight ,what are the three top flashlight in you pocket? Or what are the three top EDC flashlight you most wanted ?

Thanks for relply!

2. ambaal

ambaal Loaded Pockets

If we count small lights then it would be photon freedom, inova microlight and SF G2 Nitrolon.

If we don't count them, then it is G2 Nitrolon (two of them rotating), TK20 Fenix and some chinese R2 AA-powered light for city.

3. somber

somber Banned

4. seawolf69

seawolf69 Empty Pockets

I live in the city, which is always well-lit so flashlights not always necessary. But they have come in handy lighting up the odd dark spot (eg, the inside of my grandfather's mouth, the floorboard of my car, etc). So I carry the (1) Streamlight Nano on my keychain. I also have a (2) Quark Mini 123 in my bag and use a (3) Quark AA*2 at home.

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Fenix L0D
    Surefire L1 Cree
    Photon Freedom

The L0D is the perfect minimalist EDC light that runs on common cells. A bit expensive for a AAA keychain light. But worth every penny. No other better small light for handling a variety of mundane chores. A mode for any type of need you could realistically imagine on a daily basis.

If you need something you can grab & use with one hand, tough to beat the Surefire L1. Runs off of a single CR123 cell. A bit longer than your average single cell light. But that translates into being able to get a good, firm, solid, grip with all of your fingers on the light. High and low modes on a U.I. that is both simple and reliable. Surefire level of quality and dependability. Output on high might seem weak, but the beam profile is nearly perfect for everyday use.

Bar none, best minimalist coin-cell light is the Photon Freedom. Unlike others of its kind, this model actually is indeed waterproof! Comes with a ton of modes, yet can be used as a simple on/off interface for those who don't want complex in their coin-cell lights.

6. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

This is a tough question. Too tough to limit to just a few answers so I will make a list:

I really like the Spy 007 for a high end light.

I think that the Photon Pro is one of the best AA lights out there, despite its decidedly non-tactical appearance.

The Photon series of keychain lights is a really great thing to have with you all of the time.

All Liteflux's offerings are WAY underrated, especially when compared to things like the Novatac and RA lights (all of the functionality at twice the price).

The Surefire 6P (the incan model, because it is cheaper) is almost infinitely configurable and is a great light even without any modding. If you want to get super high performance with a low cost of entry, getting a 6P incan and taking advantage of all of the mods and add-ons is a super cheap and easy way to arrive at a bleeding edge light with very little cost.

Other lights that look good, but that I have not handled:

Mac Custom's EDC with SST50 emitter ($150 is a great price for that light)
    Leatherman Serac S3
    Lummi Raw and Wee
    Draco and Drake
    4sevens Quarks and Quark Minis

7. Hellz

Hellz Loaded Pockets

Nitecore D10 - Pretty much always in my pocket, love it.
    Fenix L0D - My Lightweight summer torch, good for when I'm wearing thinner trouser or shorts.
    Surefire L4 - Hardly used, but with a McGizmo tailcap is still a great torch I use when I think I might need a backup light.

Patrick...

8. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

NiteCore EX10
    Quark Mini CR123 Ti
    Fenix PD20

but I have a Mac Customs EDC inbound soon :)

9. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

Fenix E01 - on my keychain
    Fenix LOD - on my neck chain and most used light
    Fenix P2D - attached to the strap of my EDC bag

10. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

Always on me is the Maratac stainless AAA.
    Occasionally on me is the Nitecore EX10 with crenulated Ti bezel.
    Wanted by me and within my budget are the 4Sevens Ti Mini cr123 and Ti Preon
    Wanted by me without any realistic chance of getting unless someone gifts me are the Gatlight and Spy007.

11. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

The three lights that are seeing the most pocket time currently are:
    Novatac with K2 TFFC
    Surefire L1 MM+ with McGizmo Mule Head
    Ra Twisty 85tr

This list is subject to change at a moments notice. I always have a Photon Freedom on my keys as well.

12. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

Fenix TK12 with the pocket clip installed...nice for when I am not at work.
    Fenix E01 on my keychain.
    Fenix PD20 at work.

If I ever find my SureFire Backup it will make its way back into the rotation.

13. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

Ra clicky- Love the U.I. & design of this light. Suitable brightness levels which allows it to be used for any application at the job or at home. This light usually resides in a pocket by my right thigh so the thickness is not an issue.

*Muyshondt Mako- Keychain duty so I'm not really counting this but itdeserves to be mentioned. Runtime is my main concern when light resides on my keychain & it fits the bill perfectly. The finish holds up very well with plenty of useable light in situations where all normal sources of light have been exhausted.

Muyshondt Nautilus- A true EDC light if there was such a thing. This is by no means a "work" light (for my job) but a nice, small, practical light that suits most of needs when needed. There has been many times that when I empty my pockets for bedtime, I see it and realize that it was there the whole time ( eg. quark miniaa). Love the cool tint and useable spill which is not floody I might add.

Finally,

The McGizmo McluxIII PD-S Mizer. Classy. Elegant. To me defined what a flashlight should aspire to match or better, IMHO. The mizer option allows for an extended runtime at 300mA, IIRC. Then there's the piston drive which allows for momentary light. Nothing new but I like the way it functions. It's not a barn burner ,which to me, is not what EDC means. Can be worn with a suit and tie which adds another few points of class and sophistication. I like it:).

14. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

I use Surefire outdoorsman series. Two 2 cell and one single cell. Also by bedside is a Surefire weapons light attached to a Springfield Armory XD .45 Tactical. 13 rounds of JHP and 110 Lumens of pure light. Sweeeeeet!!

15. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

My constant EDC is a Fenix E01 on my keys. In addition I will have one of the following (no particular order of preference):

1. Fenix LD10
    2. Nitecore Defender
    3. Jetbeam Jet 1 Pro V3

16. ericb445

ericb445 Loaded Pockets

The top three I own
    Surefire E1B
    Nitecore EX10
    Copper Maratac aaa
    It's hard to pick just three of my favorite lights. I also love my olight M20 and my Surefire E2DL.

I love to get any of the Mcgizmo lights
    and Im trying to save for the olight sr90 also waiting on Ti quark

17. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

My top 3 most used lights

Maratac AAA
    Surefire E2DL
    Surefire E1B

18. bernardo

bernardo Loaded Pockets

A tough question with a million of answers.

For my, my top three:
    1.- SF Backup, the best LED flashlight I own, simple, strong, perfect beam and temp color
    2.- Fenix LD10, just one AA battery, several light output modes and slim enough to be carried on pocket jeans
    3.- Fenix LD01, tiny, just one AAA and easy to carry on a shirt pocket or keychain.

I always carry 2 flashlight detailed above.

Cheers

19. Roger999

Roger999 Loaded Pockets

1. Surefire G2(ES-9 incan)
    2. Quark 123 R5 Regular
    3. LED lenser V2 keyfinder

20. Force Attuned

Force Attuned Loaded Pockets

Surefire E1L
    Surefire C2 w/Malkoff M60
    Fenix T1