1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What are you using for a belt?....

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Gonzzo, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Gonzzo

Gonzzo Loaded Pockets

Hey there:

I'm looking for a new belt and since my other posts have not produced what i'm looking for,i thought i would see what YOU are wearing, weather it is a home made bit or custom i'm interested. Information such as pictures and links would be awesome.

Thank You.

Gonzzo.

2. MattPadgett

MattPadgett Empty Pockets

I have gone through so many belts! The man made cores in most cheaper belts cause them to tear vertically along the width of the belt.

I finally spent a little money the last time I was in Gatlinburg, TN. I was at a western shop up there and bought a black one and a brown one. Both have held up fantastically! I attribute this to the fact that there is not a man made core and that they are made of a solid piece of leather. The are the kind that you can change the buckles on if you wanted, but I like the D-Ring that came on them.

3. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bison or 5.11.

4. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Loaded Pockets

I've purchased several from leatherbelts.com and they are really nice. All leather, hand made, and very affordable.

5. tlr

tlr Loaded Pockets

95% of the time I'm wear one of Chute43's belts.

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/...-RIGGERS-BELTS

Kary is a great guy and I love his belts. I recognize however that I dress down for an office environment. This isn't a belt for lightweight pants or dress situations :)

6. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I run a 1.5" TI buckled Wilderness belt
    I wear it with everything, from Cargo pants to a Suit (i very rarely wear a suit though)

I am planning on getting a Belt or two from Kary (Chute43) eventually
    I prefer the 1.5 - 1.75 inch nylon belts to normal leather ones

7. starlight

starlight Empty Pockets

Got a couple of his riggers belts, and another thinner one of his for wearing at work. I have a feeling I'll expire before the belts do.
    G

8. turan tactical

turan tactical Loaded Pockets

If I'm having my 5.11 taclite pants on, I wear my Spec Ops Brand riggers. If not, just casual ones.
    Riggers really works :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Ironically, I'm using a thick black generic belt I bought at Wal-Mart. Most belts last me a few months. But this one is going close to a year with no issues.

10. swampinboy

swampinboy Loaded Pockets

11. Enkidu
    • In Omnia Paratus

Enkidu Loaded Pockets

12. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

a reversible black/brown belt from eddie bauer. $40, has lasted me through 3+ years of daily wear (monday through friday)

13. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I have four belts that I wear regularly. One rigger's belt from Chute43 (great belt, great guy and a forum member), one 1.5 Aker's leather gunbelt and two 1.25 Aker's leather gunbelts. The Aker's belts have a sewn in fiberglass reinforcing, are available in brownish tan or black and are great belts for concealed carry weapons in IWB or OWB holster. Easily hold up to a Sig 226 with 20 rds of 9mm in the magazine. They are indistinguishable from a normal dress belt, though they are obviously stiff when putting them on. I found the best price at www.galls.com. Around 45 each. Chute43's belts, while not specifcally a concealed cary belt, is up to that task.

14. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i wear karys ( Chute43's belts) belts i have two amd soon getting another there the best

15. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

16. ssss2010

ssss2010 Empty Pockets

I have three 5.11 TDU Belts - 1.75" Plastic Buckle. Well made, strong, and airport friendly.

17. larrymz3

larrymz3 Loaded Pockets

Wilderness Explorer belt, and also a 5.11

18. smopoim86

smopoim86 Loaded Pockets

Bison Designs Last Chance Heavy-Duty. Had it over a year now. I carry a q123² and a SwissTool Spirit +ratchet on one side and a keychain clip and holster on the other. It's held up very well. It is beginning to show some wear where the friction buckle grabs the belt, but it isn't frayed.

19. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

I'm giving up on my Swiss Gear leather belt, it's really been a disappointment for the $20 I paid for it. The holes have stretched out and started to fray, and because it uses a "pin/hook" for the holes, it always pops out multiple times a day and leaves me grabbing for my waistband like some pervert!
    I keep looking at the riggers belts(Chutes included) and they seem a bit thin. I like the Swiss Gear for it's thickness and robustness. Are Chutes and other riggers belts thick-walled enough for everyone? They look like seat belts basically, I know they've got to be thicker and not as flimsy.

20. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

so far my favorite is a liger belt from maxpedition. all my other belts deform quite a bit over time, and this one holds its shape quite well.