1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What are you guys seeing at your local gun stores?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Echo2, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Taught my old man how to use the Walmart app on my moms iPad during the last visit. He tracked down 3 50rd boxes of federal 9mm and a 555 of winchester 22lr this morning at the nearest Walmart. Not sure how they are doing it in your neck of the woods, but in my area, they don't put the ammo out until 7-8am, so there aren't any issues with a handful of people sniping the 2 cases they get in at 230am when it comes off the truck. Gives most people a better shot at getting a box or two of whatever they are looking for.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

the walmart app is very unreliable. the store inventory is not kept in real time and i have been in stores that the app says have ammo yet it is nowhere to be seen.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

3. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

I just used it successfully for 2 consecutive days to purchase 1460rds between myself and my father. YMMV I guess, but it worked for me. On my stop, it wasn't on the shelf yet, but asking the sporting goods guy was painless, and he brought it right out.

4. Bullivant

Bullivant Loaded Pockets

There was nothing but bird shot at my local Walmart today. All 7 and 8 in 12 and 20. The lock case where they keep the ammo normally is stuffed with junk that need not be locked up, just to look full from a distance.

5. Scrub

Scrub Loaded Pockets

I was up at Tulalip Cabelas looking at scopes, they had PMC and Prvi .223 - decent amount too. They had some Hertsler .40 and some .357 no other pistol ammo to speak of. Tons of AR mags though.

I didn't buy anything, prolly should have - I usually buy 40-60 rounds if I see .223/5.56.

6. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

went to a gun show in Charlotte NC yesterday....a bit of a waste.
    prices on ammo were nuts, panic pricing (everyone else around here is going back to normal/just over)
    most people had 223/556 for 20 a box of 20, 9mm the cheapest i saw was 25 bucks!!! what?! no way!

7. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Another 150rds of federal 9mm @ $13.47/50. Planning to put a couple hundred rounds between a few guns downrange the weekend after next working on some defensive drills.

ItsHardToKnow likes this.
  8. ItsHardToKnow

good price on the 9!

9. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Being consistent with my "Walmart app research" I have managed to acquire 450rds of 9mm, 200rds of 45, and a 555 brick of 22LR over the last two weeks, plus I was able to steer my dad to a 555 brick as well as 200rds 9mm. It's out there if you're patient and willing to do the legwork to find it. Obviously those in bigger metro areas may have more competition than I do, but ammo can be found, and even at reasonable prices still. I'd like 1 or 2 more 100rd boxes of 45 to get my back stock levels back where they were before the drought, but I'm not sitting too bad now.

ItsHardToKnow and vegassprky like this.
  10. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Congrats on the haul. Ammo availability & pricing seems to vary by regionality. Hardly anything makes it to the shelves around here. Seems to be a little more lately, but not much....

Mainly holding on to what I got for now.

keeper likes this.
  11. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

I was getting to the point that I was passing up opportunities for trigger time, and unfortunately, most gun related skills are quite perishable. The fact that its snowing today after being 80° just this past weekend makes planning for good range time a real crap shoot anyway. Burned a couple of days of vacation to give me a 5 day weekend the week after next. Hopefully mother nature is over her PMS by then.

scbubba and vegassprky like this.
  12. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

I heard that. I actually did skip trigger time in April because of the ammo situation. I have a couple of good indoor ranges nearby so the weather isn't as big an impact for me, but it is good to be able to get free range time at the public ranges we have around....

Hope you get to do some shooting soon!

13. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

I don't think I've been to the range since October. I've got a decent supply of practice ammo. Luckily I restocked in November after that range trip. Just haven't really felt like it.

I haven't been in a gun store since last summer. I have all of the gun-related things I need so no reason to.

14. BigRob
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

BigRob Loaded Pockets

My LGS finally has P-mags, Ar-15s in stock, almost any ammo you want (except darn .22lr). And generally its at reasonable prices such as pre-gun scare. He is a good guy though and has always been a good honest businessman so thats why I continue to go there even though I have 2 others 10 minutes closer.

ItsHardToKnow and scbubba like this.
  15. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Myrtle Beach SC, I was hoping I might find some ammunition there but it was the same sad story.
    Stopped by the closest local gun store today (I don't go in there often, they are overpriced in normal conditions and not exactly friendly either) and they had about 15 boxes of .45. These are the first fifty round boxes of pistol ammunition I've seen since February and were way overpriced but I bought two anyway.

16. ItsHardToKnow

where you from?
    Im heading to Wilmington tomorrow

17. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Southwest Virginia. I've gone to M.B. every May for around 10 years now.

18. ItsHardToKnow

right on

as far as gun stores - yesterday my father picked up a 2pack of GSG 25rnd mags for his GSG5 (mp5 clone, 22lr) for 34 dollars.

19. kyguylal

kyguylal Loaded Pockets

Massachusetts Walmart, mostly shotgun shots. No .22, 9mm, or .45. A few boxes of .40 auto and one lone box of .233

20. Bullivant

Bullivant Loaded Pockets

Walmart, western Ohio this past week. Nothing except two boxes of 40 ($35/box of 50 I think, Winchester) and lots of 7 and 8 birdshot. That's it.

Semper Paratus, Semper Vigilans.