1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Eating Right Now? Part 1

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by El Verbo, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

2. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

Right now I am eating some ice cream with some magic shell.

3. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

Magic Shell !!! I didn't know they still made that stuff ? :D WOW I remember my mom used to make frozen Bananas with it . I thought it was the GREATEST !

4. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

5. headchange4u

headchange4u Loaded Pockets

Not eating it right now, but I made my first Big Pancake this morning. It was awesome.

6. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Rice covered in pot roast. Granted, I'd also have corn bread sticks, which I said I wanted, but then again, workers never listen to what I say. -_-

7. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

It's 10pm right now. I'm working on a bag of Sweet Chili Heat Doritos, washed down with a Dr. Pepper...

Gonna have killer 'dragon breath' in the morning!! :-[

8. bartsdad

bartsdad Loaded Pockets

Grilled up some mushroom and swiss burgers for dinner. Toasted buns and waffle fries.

Having a few chips and salsa right now as a midnight snacker.

9. mercurial

mercurial Empty Pockets

3:15 am on the East Coast - cookies with white chocolate and dried cherries in them. Yum!
    mercurial

10. zenlunatic

zenlunatic Loaded Pockets

Had company, and order some jalapeno and onion pizza! Smothered in jalapeno hot sauce :D

11. CopperKnight

CopperKnight Empty Pockets

Toast.

Burgers are my favorite meal. I could live off of them. (Good ones, not McD's)

12. Gears

Gears Empty Pockets

Borscht and Perogies ;D great on a cold winters night.

13. Mr. kydex

Mr. kydex Loaded Pockets

Graham crackers and milk.

14. bartsdad

bartsdad Loaded Pockets

Ritz crackers and crunchy peanut butter. Washed down with a rum and coke.

15. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Pancakes with peanutbutter and syrup. ;D

16. Mr. kydex

Mr. kydex Loaded Pockets

whoa! me too! it's good to know other people put peanut butter on their pancakes too. :thumbsup:

17. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

Chio Chips Red paprika.

18. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Just finished some homemade hot dog chili (no beans) over tater tots, washed down with some iced tea.

19. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Got my blood workup back. Cholesterol was up a bit because I had avocados with the Mrs for two weeks. For some reason I thought they were good chorlesterol. Over all not bad. total 184, tri-135, LDL-115. My HDL is still only 42, getting tired of olive oil. what else do you guys use to raise HDL? red wine, almonds, dark choco, olive oil, and my friuts and veggies. Soon I will be planting my tomatoes, squash, opo, green onions, and snow peas. Tried Asian long string beans last year, ants really love them.

20. chmsam

chmsam Loaded Pockets

Your numbers look like they're starting to get there.  As for the HDL, one answer might be some fatty fish, Salmon and Sea Bass for example.  Also, flax seed, green leafy vegetables, soy, and exercise.  Trying cutting back on processed foods with refined sugars and carbs - sugar, honey, white breads, regular pasta, sweetened soft drinks or teas, buttered popcorn, etc.  Don't smoke.  And the avocados aren't that bad, just don't eat a ton of them.  Red wine and a moderate amount alcohol might help but not with high triglycerides.  Weight loss is another way to manage cholesterol.

Oh, and use a good olive oil. The cheap stuff tastes lousy. There are a lot of varieties out there. Buy small bottles til you find one you like to keep from getting stuck with a ton of it. Try using a good vinegar or even a good balsamic vinegar for a change. Pricey but a little goes a very, very, very long way.

Have your doctor, a dietitian, or a nutritionist set up a diet plan.  It won't melt the pounds off but what I found as an easier way to lose weight was to cut the portion size of meat down to the size of a deck of cards (it hasn't yet killed anyone I know and it really isn't hard).  Look at a dinner plate and divide it into quarters.  Meat goes on one quarter, starches like rice or potato on another, and the other 2 quarters should be fruit or vegetables -- preferably fresh and make sure there's a lot of color to them.  Get to try some different fruits and vegetables -- there's sure a lot of them out there.  Raw is good, too by the way and there's nothing easier.  Try cooking the vegetables so they still have some snap to them.  Overcooking cooks out the nutrition and also the flavor (learn about "blanching and shocking" vegetables -- fast, easy, and they taste better).

Hope this helps.

Now where can I get some pan seared salmon on an arugula salad with some orange slices and slivered almonds?  Gimme a side of slaw and some grilled yam wedges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.