1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What are the most important attributes for your EDC blade?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by el_murdoque, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

Really feel for you folks but some of the same mentality goes on here in the U.S. Moshe ben David's #40 post illustrates that pretty well. Knife carry is pretty common here in Colorado even in the urban areas but many cities in the U.S. are adopting ever stricter knife laws.One of the reasons I EDC a Spyderco Dragonfly and SAK often is because I figure neither will be problematic most anywhere I travel.

2. Stryker

Stryker Loaded Pockets

I value aesthetics, quality materials and workmanship in any tool. However, I value simplicity, function and optimal weight in an EDC knife. As a result, I carry (and use daily) a SAK Climber and a Leatherman Wave. I don’t view a knife as a credible weapon in any scenario and served in the post-Vietnam Army where every new 2nd Lieutenant showed up with a shiny new Randall knife (and was promptly laughed at by the old soldiers in the unit). I don’t baton firewood frequently and have no daily need for a bushcraft knife. I travel to Europe regularly and pack the Climber in checked luggage, forgoing the Wave. While in the European Union I use it frequently for small repairs and even use the corkscrew to open wine bottles. I touch up my knives regularly, but have spent waaaaay too much time sharpening the new “supersteels.” I like to remain low profile wherever I go and try to avoid attention. Please understand that this is one man’s opinion and I have no problem if your approach to EDC differs from mine!

FiaOlleDog, Lateck, ZMZ67 and 3 others like this.
  3. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

I agree with your point-of-view Stryker, and EDC the same combo that you've chosen. The 'Gray Man' approach is probably the 'best advice' to take. Be unobtrusive, and low-profile. There's no best way for all, or one-size-fits-all.

ZMZ67 and Moshe ben David like this.