1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What Airline Travel Pillows Do You Love?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mr. Glass, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Mr. Glass

Mr. Glass Loaded Pockets

Hello,

I am seeking a travel pillow for sleeping on an airplane that will either lash to the molle of my GR2 or fit inside. I just ordered the GR2 and anticipate that I will likely fill it up, so I may need to lash or hang it from the bag.

There are so many different options out there. I am interested to hear if there are any in particular that you really love.

Best Regards,
    Glass

surefire7 likes this.
  2. cole3418

cole3418 Loaded Pockets

I like the half donut shaped neck pillows. they usually come with some sort of tab to clip onto a bag or you can get an inflatable one. They are nice for sleeping sitting upright if you don't have space to recline. make sure you get one some sort of clasp or button snap in the front or it will slide off your neck when you tilt your head to the side. Just make sure you get one before you get to the airport or you will end up spending way to much money one one like me.

Mr. Glass likes this.
  3. surefire7

surefire7 Loaded Pockets

I've had one for years, maybe Eagle Creek brand. It is covered by a soft fleece material but it's inflatable. Takes up hardly any space and easy to inflate to the correct firmness. It is the horseshoe shape too.

Mr. Glass likes this.
  4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Never used one. I'm blessed with the capability of falling asleep almost as soon as I belt in on a plane! Even more blessed as I've NEVER had a stiff neck as a result. Although my wife insists this is only because I was born with a stiff neck...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

MCPOWoller, garza and Mr. Glass like this.
  5. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Loaded Pockets

I have the Eagle Creek as well. I like it because it doesn't take up any space in my carry on bag if I need it. I don't know if I've ever used it though. My daughter liked to play with it when she was younger though. It's fun to inflate and then deflate. :)

Chad

Mr. Glass likes this.
  6. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

Klymit pillow x

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Testing one of these out as we speak. I need something that will hold up to sporting events, hunting and travel. I've been using one as my desk seat cushion for a couple of days. So far, it's very comfortable and hasn't lost any air. Given it's minimal weight, very low cost and very small size, it could be a winner.

8. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

I haven't used on a plane yet. Let me know how it is.

9. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

+1 for an inflatable pillow. I used to carry mine in a cargo pocket when I traveled. Just be sure to inflate it once you get to altitude. Otherwise it’ll over inflate and be too stiff if you inflate it while still on the ground.

10. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Don't airline safety "experts" recommend you not sleep on a plane?

I've never flown for more than about four hours at a time, and although I can generally sleep whenever I decide to the prospect of sleeping next to...strangers...weirds me out.

11. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

My favorite pillow is the Klymit Cush and I've been EDCing the same one for years - the long rectangular shape can folded in half, thirds, and quarters for different head prop angles, folded in a 'V' for a cross-legged sit pad, and length wise it can be a: two person seat, swimming air mattress, and minimalist torso groundpad for short naps (even spent a full night sleeping on it). I don't use it much in a plane, but used in plenty of airports to lie down on waiting for flight delays and connections. Love it for winter outdoors as an insulated sit and lie-down pad (on a Tyvek groundsheet).

12. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

NEVER heard of not sleeping on a plane. I guess I could understand the idea for short flights. But long flights? No way. Just the thought of spending an entire flight out to say Asia without sleep is something that does not compute for me.

I'm also one of those rare types who as soon as I sit down in my seat on a plane I can konk out...! I consider it a plus!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

garza likes this.
  13. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

Sounds like that's just a CYA recommendation to protect the airlines from claims against them.

14. Treadwisely

Treadwisely Loaded Pockets