1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

What’s your multi tool evolution?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by dmattaponi, Oct 18, 2020.

1. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Agree again...I would like it to be a clicky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fishin Fool likes this.
  2. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

That Dime is a pretty alright tool too :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#22 dmattaponi, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    ox71 and Fishin Fool like this.
  3. Fishin Fool

Fishin Fool Loaded Pockets

Yup, but only because your light has the proper coloured lanyard. ;)

[​IMG]

ox71, twin63 and dmattaponi like this.
  4. quadrille

quadrille Loaded Pockets

I have been carrying Leatherman tools since the PST. When the super tool came out I carried than. Then the new wave. I found the new wave to be the best tool since you can open the knives one handed and you can use the pocket clip and not have to have a belt sheath. After following this forum and a few others I went on eBay replaced the pliers with the rebar pliers, the knife with the S30v blade and the serrated blade with the gut hook blade. Now I think I have the perfect Leatherman tool. I ended up making 2 stainless and 2 black tools like this.

When the free P4 came out I purchased one directly from Leatherman. When I received it the finger holes in the knife were very sharp. I contacted Leatherman and they switched out my P4. Interestingly when I purchased the P4 initially it did not have a clip on it, but when they sent me the replacement it did. I don't like the P4 since it does not have the interchangeable bits and does not have the eyeglass screw driver. I do carry it from time to time.

dmattaponi, ox71 and ran23 like this.
  5. AUPhan
    • In Omnia Paratus

AUPhan Loaded Pockets

My first multi-tool was a Gerber back in the late 90's. Not sure of the model. Recently I started carrying a Gerber Dime and also got a Leatherman Skeletool CX, The leatherman has the tools I need and is much easier to carry than the bulkier Gerber.

dmattaponi likes this.