1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Went to the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Watches' started by DCBman, May 1, 2021.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Welp, I've gone to the Dark Side! I just had to see for myself. I done did it...I bought an Invicta. It's my first one.

I got the Grand Diver in yellow...

[​IMG]

I don't know how to post images here (now), so I just swiped this one from Walmart, but it's the same watch.

It's running a Seiko NH35A movement and is assembled in Malaysia (not China). The QC in Malaysia is way better than the QC in China.

Here are my thoughts so far, after a couple days: First off, I'm actually impressed. The watch is a solid watch, and so far it keeps exquisite time (i.e. +1 second per day so far). I like the size, 47mm (excl. crown). I have really big wrists so anything much smaller looks like a ladies watch on me. To give you an example; most people say they have to remove 2-3 links from the Invicta bracelets, and I didn't have to remove any. Looks pretty nice. The bracelet seems well constructed and nice looking also. I definitely know it's on my wrist weight wise.

I bought it to beat on it and see what an Invicta will really take in terms of abuse and wear. I don't intend to baby it, but rather wear it as part of my rotation. Initially, I think I will wear it daily for a couple three weeks just to subject it to extra duty use.

As far as cons go; the lume isn't real good which is pretty consistent with what I read about it beforehand. It hangs in there for a couple hours, but after that it's pretty much lights out. Other than that, no complaints so far. My goal is to find out the real truth about Invictas and not be influenced by the IHS (i.e. Invicta Haters Society).

I will post updates.

P.S. How do you post (your own) pictures on EDCF??

Last edited by DCBman, May 1, 2021
    #1 DCBman, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
  2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Tapatalk.
    Posting pics could literally not be any easier.

3. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

But isn't that app only for phones? Can you use it with a laptop?

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have no idea,I take pics with the phone and post them too.

But I can not type on the phone to save my life so I usually type on computer then add pics from phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Ah, I see. That sounds like a good idea.

Thanks!

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

No problem!
    I type on the computer and then edit on Tapatalk on the phone and it is so simple that a Caveman can do it.

7. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I got my first super phone and bought stylus on amazon to use, fat fingers also.

8. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Update...Okay, so now it's been (3) days, or over 72 hours, and the time is -3 seconds. I set it upright for 8 hours and it as +08 seconds, then wound it and it's running pretty close.