1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wenger pocket watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by quantex, Nov 30, 2013.

1. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

Since I can't wear a watch to work anymore or have a cell phone on the factory floor. I have this coming in. Black face. Got it for $117. What do you think? There is not a lot of information out there.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wings400 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  2. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

I used to have an older version that came with a leather case and lanyard. It kept the time well enough but was fragile - the alarm broke within 6 months and the movement in about two years. I had it repaired but then the minute hand froze in the mechanism and I never got round to fixing it again. But don't take this as a purely negative review, it kept time well and it took some abuse while I carried it. The one you ordered looks to be an improvement over the one I had for sure.

3. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info. I saw the one you have. Hard to get. This won't get much abuse. It will stay under a shirt that is not tucked in. Just need it for a quick glance of time to fill in paperwork.

4. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I've ordered one myself, the black face version.
    I've got a Wenger chain to wear it on too.
    I should get it in a few weeks.

5. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

Nice - I hope these work out for us. I like the way it looks. We shall see....

6. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Actually looks like it might be fantastic for me for travel. I'll see if there is any more information to be had. Hopefully, quantex/graham_s, the new versions are more robust than Highbender's older one.

Quantex, one other thing you might consider -- that I have done many a time -- is buckling your standard watch (or threading, in the event of a bracelet) around your belt. I've done it with bracelets, leather straps, and NATO/ZULU straps and it's worked out well for me. The ZULU does work best, but most any are fine. Just hang it 12 o'clock pointing at the floor so you can tilt it up with one hand whenever you need to look at it. I also discovered a tendency to twist my right hip forward first when turning to avoid something, so I got into a habit of hanging the watch just past the 1st left belt loop. It's right by the top of a left jean-style pocket there to and can be tucked in for a little extra security.

7. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

Good point. I saw people do that. I figured since I got it on the cheap, what the heck - call it a present for my new job;) . Also, I did not want to mess up my watches that I already own.

8. Cprrckwlf

Cprrckwlf Loaded Pockets

Oh, absolutely -- I'm much more likely to do it with something like my SKX007, than my Grandfather's Longines.:D Just something to keep in mind. Anyway, really just wanted to say congratulations on the new job!

9. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

Thank you kindly....

10. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I got mine yesterday.
    It's currently in my pocket on a Wenger chain.
    If it's too bulky for the pocket, I can take off the rubber outer bumper, it just pops off.
    That makes it much more slimline and pocketable.
    Very happy.
    :D

11. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

nice. let's see some pictures

12. KnoxButler

KnoxButler Loaded Pockets

I know you already bought the watch. But for you and others who need a good time piece but cant wear a wrist watch or use your phone, another good option is a product made by the Daluth Trading co., called the "Guard Dog". I believe they have two versions a completely analog version and one with both analog and a digital display. The original with only the analog display is only $59.95 and that's the MSRP you could probably find it for less elsewhere. Its made out of steel with a durable rubber housing and clips on your belt.

[​IMG]

Cobra 6 Actual and kd7dvd like this.
  13. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

On the Wenger I found the alarm to be practically inaudible. But, I just use the watch in my bathroom to make sure I don't dawdle while shaving or reading on the john. So, no big deal. But, if I wanted to use it as an alarm clock it would suck.

By the way, I have the one with the black dial ... It's definitely a sharp looking pocket watch!

And, KnoxButler, minor point, but the Guarddog Watch Company is separate from Duluth Trading Company: they have four models of pocket watch; three of which you can only buy from Duluth and Redwing Shoe Stores. I have the Guarddog II version.

My personal favorite for an EDC picket watch is the Victorinox, which actually fits in a watch pocket in my jeans.

14. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Sorry, forgot to post a photo of the Victorinox:

[​IMG]

About the only pocket watch, in my opinion, that has a better (more readable) watch face is the Swiss Mondaine.

15. quantex

quantex Loaded Pockets

Now I wish I knew about the guard dog. Nice