1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Challenge...

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Myth90045, Mar 5, 2013.

1. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Loaded Pockets

Anything over 260lbs and under 15% will be fine with me.

2. bubbaj

bubbaj Loaded Pockets

In for sure this time. I did diet sense the last time I posted, just wasn't keeping up with forum. But my diet starts again tomorrow so I will weigh in and post tomorrow night

keeper likes this.
  3. ketchupgun

ketchupgun Loaded Pockets

here's some great reading

.businessinsider.com/13-nutrition-lies-that-made-the-world-sick-and-fat-2013-10?op=1%2F%3FIR%3DT

keeper likes this.
  4. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

good info here

5. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've been absolutely swamped for quite a while, so I haven't been posting. I have, however, continued my regimen and have reached my goal of 150 pounds, 5'10, 21.5 BMI and a lot of muscle gain. Now I want to keep building muscle and toning what I have while staying right around 150 pounds (I still have a very little fat around the belly). I can now run 7 miles nonstop at 6 mph as well, so hopefully before all too terribly long I'll be able to run a half marathon.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF and keeper like this.
  6. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

LOUD CHEERS! heheh, though, you'll have to catch me, I dropped back down to150# a couple months ago and now my pants fit WITH a IWB holster. It's a journey not a sprint.

keeper and thatotherguy like this.
  7. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks!
    Good for you! Congrats yourself! I agree wholeheartedly. When I began I wanted a six-pack in six months. Fast foreward about 11 months later and I still don't have a six-pack :D
    Anyone that tells you that you can safely, naturally lose more than about 3 pounds a week tops consistently is lying in my opinion. It's a long hard road, but you learn to love the journey. I never would have thought I'd consider myself a runner, but I do.
    For anyone reading this that may be having doubts as to whether you should keep getting fitter and fitter, keep this in mind. You have two choices. You can throw in the towel, or use it to wipe the sweat off your face and keep going. Don't give up. I'm not going to tell you it gets easy, but it does get easier.

8. Rattlecan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rattlecan Loaded Pockets

I'm getting fat Lol! Gotta get on this!

9. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

I like the part about "learning to love the journey" I have also kept up with my workouts, and nutritional plan. I have lost 75lbs since Jan 1, and 60 of that since April. I have a few lbs to go, same as you, a little belly fat. Right now I am lifting pretty heavy, so the actual scale numbers move slowly, but I keep moving down to smaller pants. I don't run, because I have had knee replacement, but I work out on an elliptical and spin bike. I wear a HR monitor to keep myself at a training pace during the workout. Trying to wear size 34 jeans by Dec 31. Thanks for the uplifting post.

10. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

I work 12 hr nights 3 nights a week. Sometimes I can't switch back to day shift mode, so I am awake for several hours during the night. That happened tonight. When I got up I went downstairs and worked out for 2 1/2 hours. Now I am ready to go back to sleep, well after I take a shower.

thatotherguy likes this.
  11. ketchupgun

Quesiton: (re: foods to eat or avoid).
    If fat doesn't make you fat, then why is deep frying foods bad? Or better yet, how do chicken wings (no sugary sauce or breading..just dry rub) work into a fat loss meal plan?
    thx

swany66675 likes this.
  12. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

IMO fat doesn't make you fat, a calorie surplus makes you fat. Deep fried foods contain a lot of calories, baked/broiled have fewer (except at KFC, check the posted values).

----
    RFC 1097 compliant.

13. ketchupgun

I can buy that...what is it about frying something that increases the calories? I could eat a salad with olive oil and some chicken breast...but if I fried that chicken breast in that olive oil, magically it became fattening? Maybe it changes the molecular structure or something? sorta like when you overturn fluffy snow it starts to get hard.

14. KODIAKman

KODIAKman EDC Junkie

I'm all in! I was in a pretty bad accident about two and a half years ago. Had just been laid off and we had our first child a month later. As a result of the car accident I had to have knee surgery and had a back and neck injury. Due to having a newborn, and being in constant pain I didn't sleep for about a year. I was unable to exercise or do much of anything really. As a result I packed on the lbs. I have just finished 30 days of a body cleanse called the Whole 30. Some folks make it a lifestyle but honestly its too strict for me to stick to. I lost 17 pounds and feel pretty good but I have a ways to go. I've been off it for about a week now and dont want to loose headway so this thread may be just the motivation I'm looking for. I just recently feel like I can start working out again. No running with the knee but want to start some type of cardio. Doc says a bike should be ok, plus strengthen the muscles around the knee. I'm looking into a new gym tomorrow. I'm a stay at home Dad so I've been trying to find one that has childcare and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. I need to do this for my health as well as sanity. Look forward to the Friday way in, and this extra bit of motivation will be a help I think. Congrats to all of you who are losing weight and good luck to all who are trying.

thatotherguy, ketchupgun and keeper like this.
  15. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

It is about calorie surplus, BUT your body treats those calories different, when they come from different sources. Usually deep fried foods have a crust of high carb ingredients surrounding them, or are high carb themselves. (French fries). Here is the deal with fat not making you fat. That concept works only with low carb, very low carb. If your body is used to using fat as it's energy source, and you eat at a calorie deficit, then it is very easy for the body to start burning "stored fat" to supplement the dietary fat. Fat in the presence of carbs will make you fat. Sooooo if your dry rub for your chicken wings does not include carbs, including any form of sugar, then go ahead have a good time.

ketchupgun likes this.
  16. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

Glad to have you here!!!!!

KODIAKman likes this.
  17. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I've discovered a large beer keg in the alley behind my house....it will be mine! I'm going to clean it and fill it with water or sand for lifting purposes. I want a kettlebell but they're a bit expensive for me presently.

keeper likes this.
  18. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Google 'Gary Taubes'.....lots there.

19. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

I did something similar with an army duffle bag and sand bags.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  20. keeper
    • In Omnia Paratus

keeper Loaded Pockets

yes he is a great author. Jeff Volek is also very helpful.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.