1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Weekender bag needed for EDC getaway stuff

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by wahoowad, Jul 6, 2020.

1. wahoowad

wahoowad Loaded Pockets

I don't actually EDC much of anything on a daily basis (gasp!) but I do like bringing some of this small gear with me on weekend getaways, vacations and camping trips where it's handy to have it. Any suggestion for a tidy bag to keep it in? I'm torn between a bag/pouch that has a specific space to secure everything and something that has less trifling organization.

Currently I put it in a 5.11 Rush Messenger bag, but this feels big. And in fact sometimes I think I forgot/lost something because it's a big cavernous and things can get hidden in one of the many pockets or the deep recesses of the bag.

Here's some sample stuff I'm pulling out from my EDC desk drawer to pack up for an upcoming camping trip. There might be a couple other items, am sure I am forgetting something.

[​IMG]

zyntherius likes this.
  2. kapolani

kapolani Loaded Pockets

Not sure if it’s the style you’re looking for, but the nutsac bags look pretty slick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zyntherius likes this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

If you like the 5.11 bag then the smaller bags they sell are pretty great too and are in stock at various stores as well so you can put your hands on them before buying too!

There are a ton of bags modeled on the Maxpedition VersaPacks I think they are called that are made for the stuff you showed and in all price ranges and quality levels.
    I like the Vanquest Bags the most of the Tactical style bags probably myself.

I use the SoTech Tac Mission Go Bags and can always find a few on Ebay pretty cheap and these are my GoTo bags like that.

https://sotechtactical.com/collections/frontpage/products/mgba1

zyntherius likes this.
  4. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

The Hazard4 Kato and Tanto are great bags too. Several great reviews and have just enough space for what you want to carry.

5. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I have a Vanquest large Dendrite waist pack that I really like. Despite being a waist pack, i use it mostly as a crossbody bag. It has a lot of organization which I find useful for my purposes. I also like that if desired, I can remove the strap and slide it onto a belt. I have slid it on a backpack belt before, so that I had certain gear immediately accessible without removing. A smaller water bottle (like 16-20oz) can even fit inside it with other stuff in it. Although, most of the time I use a soft bottle. It also comes in small.

6. tera tike

tera tike Loaded Pockets

You might want to check out Helikon-Tex Bushcraft Satchel(Medium) or the Urban Courier Bags. I have the Urban Courier Bag and found it is just right in size @ 9.5L I can keep a couple of water bottles, light rain jacket, Gerber Centerdrive, fix blade knife, tech pouch and some snacks.

zyntherius likes this.
  7. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I truly want to live the Kaito but the buckle will not stay tight on the flap no matter what I do and it drives me crazy?!