1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wednesday EDC doldrums, What to buy?

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by gdwtvb, Jun 17, 2020.

1. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I've been being a good boy, and the delivery drivers don't even remember where I live. I guess it was bound to happen, for years I bought stuff, used it, upgraded, changed stuff out, and now I'm in a pretty comfortable place.

Last year I went on a selling spree and got rid of most of the unused stuff that was worth enough to go through the hassle of selling and shipping to new homes. And used the money for a couple upgrades.

So here it is Wednesday, I have money in hand, but nothing on any wish lists. Sure, there are a couple knives I am looking to buy, one hasn't been released and the other I'm still on the fence about. I'm really not sure it is enough of an upgrade to justify the price. Most days it's a Spyderco Ti Stealth Chaparral. EDC knife covered.

I have a great titanium bolt action pen, WE knives purple titanium bolt pen. I have several stainless jotters as backups/loaners. Writing instruments for EDC covered

I used some the income from my sales to upgrade my EDC bag. Red OXX Micro manager is working great as my primary EDC bag. EDC bag covered.

My Zebralight SC52 is long in the tooth, but I've never needed or wanted more. I have several aaa lights stashed around that get used more often, even a couple in titanium. EDC light covered.

I'm a zippo man, lately it's an engraved Armor chome plated one. EDC firestarter covered.

I am loving my Dango wallet. I had the cash so went with the Ti version. EDC wallet covered.

When it comes to keychains, that's been where I've been the most schizophrenic. Keybar, a pocket buster with countless tools, a minimalist approach, A setup with easily removed items that I could change daily, I did all those, some options several times over. The last couple years I have been using a minimalist keychain, 3 keys and a tiny titanium handled slipjoint knife. If I want to change all I need to do is open the keychain drawer. I have titanium whistles, prybars, flashlights, knives, pill capsules, county com Ti peanut lighter, belt keepers, pickpockets, clips and more that I am forgetting. EDC Keychain options are completely and totally covered.

So here we are near the end of my rambling email. I have considered getting a titanium carabiner, but I'm not sure I really need or will use one. (I've been about to buy ti2 designs carabiners several times but never have pulled the trigger....also Anso of Denmark V.3 ) I can't see it being better or easier than a stainless trigger snap hook that I've found to be the best belt loop key hanger. I hate the idea of dropping serious dough on something that won't get used.

I have money. I want to buy a new toy. (under $200) I want it to be something I will be excited about. Any ideas? Anybody else feeling the same way?

Grizz

2. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

I get that way sometimes, almost pulled the trigger on something I was interested in, yet then figured I didn't need, so sorta that way atm, actually. If ya don't have one already or looking to upgrade, do ya want a good* watch, or maybe a camera?

*It's a relative term, and may or may not be something in your price range. For instance, I like the one I received, yet ymmv.

Last edited by oke, Jun 17, 2020
    #2 oke, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    gdwtvb likes this.
  3. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

If I had extra money and was looking for a carabiner, I would be looking at Gamblemade here on the forum. If he's still around. And if he's still making them.

gdwtvb likes this.
  4. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

5. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

6 different freeze dried entrees from Stowaway Gourmet. It's all about consumables, got enough stuff.

gdwtvb and Moshe ben David like this.
  6. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Buy a fine bit driver maybe? Just got this and I love it[​IMG]

from my S-A-M-S-U-N-G S9+ via T-A-P-A-T-A-L-K

PragmaticMurphyist and gdwtvb like this.
  7. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

I have a G-shock watch, which fits my personal style and tastes. It's on it's second battery, and I'm happy with it. Camera...I spent a good three grand on camera gear last year and everything on that wish list is much too expensive. Thanks for the suggestions.

What brand and model is that? Tool upgrade is an excellent idea, I have been considering upgrading some of my tools, like ditching the cheapo bits, and getting some wiha quality mircro bits and driver.

Thanks.

Grizz

8. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen: knowing your love of utility knives... just spotted this and similar from CIVIVI at BHQ:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Item #BHQ-113197

SPECIFICATIONS
    • Tools:3
    • Length:4.59"
    • Thickness:0.27"
    • Material:Titanium
    • Color:Bronze
    • Weight:2.49 oz.