1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

We need a Sub-Micro edc!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by jdindadell, Jun 3, 2015.

1. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

Last pic above shows the padded pouch on the right with nothing in it, and the left pouch has the od2 and microblast. Both are the same thickness. Great pouch with the padding removed, not sure if it is worth much with the padding, unless you plan to use it for flash drives or delicate, thin items.

2. Glebun

Glebun Loaded Pockets

Haha, I circled the item in question in the picture.

thePlumbah likes this.
  3. jdindadell

Glebun, I completely missed that circle!!! HAHAHAHA. It is a homemade tube style screwdriver. Holds 5 bits. I have a thread somewhere detailing how I made it.

thePlumbah and Glebun like this.
  4. jdindadell

Here is the current loadout of the griffin. Gives some idea what will fit after the padding is removed. I have swapped the vic rambler for a mini bic and it fits fine. I have a manager lite on the way so I have a pen to go with the 2 sections of index card.

Pill packet has 3 aleeve, a Claritin and a Claritin D. Alka Seltzer and handwipe in the zip pouch with half of the index card. 2 small bandaids and the other half of the index card.

Only other thing I could think would be to make a knife-less setup with a leatherman style PS and a micro pen. Not sure what else to put in there, any item added would have to be very thin as the current setup is pretty much the max load.

A slightly taller by 1/2 - 3/4 inch pouch would really be the sweet spot for pocket carry. It would allow for more AAA flashlight choices and maybe a larger knife or a sak cadet. Width seems just right. That would end up the same size as a chums marsupial wallet, but clamshell opening, which I prefer as it allows access to the entire loadout by opening a single zipper. I do need to load a chums wallet and see how it carries.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

I see your logic regarding the Rite-in-Rain pad and raise you the front pocket as functional space for my notepad. I use a Maxped Micro as a wallet/EDC. My credit cards and Driver's License are in the shove-it pocket behind the flashlight and iPhone cable. If you ever release a Maximizer in these dimensions, I'd probably own every color you release it in within a month... Js. The Micro is the only Maxped item I own.

[​IMG]

nr73 likes this.
  6. Millertime1974
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Millertime1974 Loaded Pockets

Interested in hearing an update from anyone that used the griffin pouch for a long term pocket edc solution. Any comments< feedback, thought? Does it accomplish what we need (non-bulky edc pocket carry especially in jeans, slacks, or non-cargo pants?)

QuodErat likes this.
  7. QuodErat

QuodErat EDC Junkie!!!

I've got one, but I just use it to store a couple of flash drives. (I know: Baw-ring!) I keep some loose quarters in the zipper compartment. I keep the Griffin pouch itself inside a Victorinox Essentials pouch, along with phone and iPod chargers, as well as the odd battery.

8. nr73

nr73 Loaded Pockets

Is there any way to pick one of these up from here in the UK or Europe? I've done some searching but so far can't find them online anywhere.

earthman and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Millertime1974
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Millertime1974 Loaded Pockets

I gave in and purchased one of these Griffin pouches to give it a shot. I am surprised at how compact and flat it holds items (once you take out the padding). I didn't stuff mine as full as the OP here, but I did load a Leatherman PS, a doohickey, a VOX ALOX classic, fingernail clippers, a TrueUtility pen, and a bit extender/bit set. This pouch let me take a few items off my bulk keychain or loose out of my pocket and organize it.

The only knock I can see right now is that the zipper pull feels a little weak and will probably break sooner rather than later.

I'll try to get some pics up later if anyone wants additional perspective on this little pouch.

10. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Don't carry anything big in your back pocket----It'll make your back hurt if you sit on it for a long time.:cool:

MinistryOfTruth likes this.
  11. SEDACON

SEDACON Loaded Pockets

Did the same with mine. It does really double the depth of edc you can fit into it. Pic with Skinth Nano next to it for size comparison.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

12. DHdust

DHdust Empty Pockets

I'd like to see an organizer like the PPM Slim or Maxp Micro made of Hypalon instead of the cordora. It would be interesting to see how thin it would be and how it would hold a nano sized grip of gear. Recycled Firefighter has made a few products with predominantly Hypalon but not yet a zippered pouch.

A Hypalon pouch with Vanquest organization would have attention and money.

Moose likes this.
  13. Moose

Moose Loaded Pockets

Anyone find any micro edc pouches other than the Griffin? Seems Vanquest didn't follow through. I use a re-purposed earbud pouch at the minute but would like an upgrade.

Gatura on Etsy makes a promising looking little pouch in a nice range of colours, but not quite at the 4" H sweet spot.

What are you lot using as actual 'in-pocket' pouches?

That Movie Guy likes this.
  14. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

In the top Right area of the PPM Slim I have stuck a sq inch of hook n loop that holds a small form usb mains charger with cables stuffed into the pocket below Given the convergence of electronics on usb C it works for me. You may be able to use that space in a different way than elastic retention.

tbzbbt

15. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

I have many micro pouches that seemed to be intended for earphone carry. They remain unused in my world where comms and utility outweigh a source of cool jazz. The cool cats lose out Daddy-o. Just.

Tbzbbt