1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

We got Snow.......Whoop De Do

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by DaPro, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

We have managed 2" snow fall, everything is shut down tomorrow.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pointless post, nothing to do tomorrow, so I am staying up late drinking coffee

But......I see lots of track running all through my lawn......me huntin some wabbit (or dogs, cats :mad:)

2. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

2 inches and everything's shut down? I thought they were made of stouter stuff in Missouri.

3. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

My daughter was so thrilled she passed out two hours early....

I had a few slips when I headed to academy about 10am in Rogers.....but I was smart enough to go slow and stay out of the ditches unlike some of the idiots, 2x4 Dodge with an empty bed.
    now the road in front of my house is ice, the roads were wet and slick about 1pm......22 outside right now, sit back and watch the wrecks.....last year I watched an 18 wheeler slide across the highway and roll in a ditch

4. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

Jealous... I think it would be super interesting if LA County managed 2" of snow. Mostly because I have nice jackets and boots. I'd probably just walk up and down my street, maybe grab a drink. Oh well, won't happen.

5. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

We had seven inches the day after Christmas. They salted the heck out of the roads, and they were clear. Snow lasted for a week in our yard. Now we have four inches topped by ice, with more sleet/freezing rain expected. The road is a crust of ice, and we're not getting out of the low 30s this week. Extremely unusual, and folks down here do NOT know how to drive in it and endanger those who have migrated down here and do know. So sitting in the office, watching all the birds and squirrels at the feeder while I work. I got towhees, buntings, and a pair of red-wing blackbirds in addition to the usual cardinals, bluejays, house finches, Carolina wrens, robins, and English house sparrows. Very quiet outside. Kind of nice.

6. mbs4298

mbs4298 Loaded Pockets

Now that I don't have school to get out of because of snow I could care less about it. Being in South Carolina we don't get too much. But the last two days we have gotten 6-8 inches which is a blizzard for us. Luckily I am in Hilton Head SC missing all of it this week.

7. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Ooooo, look. Four snowplows just went down the street scraping ice. Didn't work so well. Shooeee, I didn't even know this town had FOUR snowplows.

8. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

We got 7" yesterday and it shut everything down ... Today its down to about 5 and melting slowly

9. MM2000

MM2000 Empty Pockets

The older I get the less I seem to like wintertime. Having said that I guess I do like being in an area that has to deal with the ice and snow every year. At least when it happens most of us around here are ready for it!

10. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

Living in Mo. We're used to chaotic weather. Warm one week, snow the next. I've got all I need to stay inside for days or even a week or so if need be. Won't get that bad this time though.
    I don't mind the snow so much, but this below zero with wind is really dangerous. I have to take the dog out, but I make the walks short, just long enough for her to do her business..then we get back in where it's warm and she gets a little peanut butter on her milkbone as a treat for being 'understanding' about the short walks.
    There's only maybe an 1 1/2" on the ground now...but tonight temps are going to be well below zero and the wind is supposed to pick up. could be even more slick tomorrow.

Best kind of weather to put a pot of chili or stew on the stove, work on one of your favorite hobbies and stay inside.

11. DaPro

DaPro Loaded Pockets

I have several quarts of deer chili frozen, and I made a huge pop of chicken and dumplings for supper last night....we should be good on comfort food

I just did a little around the town jot on my atv.....roads are iced over pretty well, had a blast fishtailing

12. acska83

acska83 Loaded Pockets

4"-5" here. I welcome it any day.

13. dewildeman

dewildeman Loaded Pockets

Snow is not bad, ice though is very bad. We had a few accidents on the interstate, a trooper got t-boned by a semi and then hit a couple of other cars. He's in the hospital, don't have a report yet on his condition.

14. mbs4298

mbs4298 Loaded Pockets

Ice is very bad. Especially in an area where people don't know how to drive in ice and snow. I heard that the stretch of I-85 from Atlanta to Charlotte had 2000 accidents. Just overheard that info so I am not positive of the numbers but it doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

15. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Right after Christmas we got what I think was somewhere near two feet of snow in some areas of NYC. Boy was that fun. Supposed to get large amounts of snow again tomorrow too.

16. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

We got 8 inches Monday. Was able to make the 45 mile drive to work Tuesday. Got home at 11:30p.m. and got stuck in the driveway.
    I'm ready for it to go away!!!!!! :brickwall:

17. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

As my age increases, my tolerance for cold weather decreases. That's why post-retirement stay in Springfield-area (to make mother-in-law happy ;D) lasted <2 years. A winter week-end visit to Flagstaff is enjoyable and satisfies my need to be in snow.

No argument, I've turned into a winter wimp.

18. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Well from last night 10pm to 12noon, its was still coming, it has tapered off, but were going to get a little more, totals= about 20"-28" so far, bad thing is were runnig our of room to put it, JR

19. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

I haven't even shoveled out the car yet. I slept the whole day at home today.

>As my age increases, my tolerance for cold weather decreases. That's why post-retirement stay in Springfield-area (to make mother-in-law happy ) lasted <2 years. A >winter week-end visit to Flagstaff is enjoyable and satisfies my need to be in snow.

>No argument, I've turned into a winter wimp.

Me too. In spades. I need an EDC Mega Pocket Laser to melt snow from a distance.

20. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Two inches in Missouri is nothing, but 8" in southern Arkansas... the area south of Little Rock shut down!

They still had a portion of the interstate closed yesterday - two days after the snow had stopped falling!