1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

we ask about our favorite pants. boots. belts..HOW ABOUT BRIEFS ???

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by marsos52, May 9, 2010.

1. Relayer

Relayer Loaded Pockets

Ok, I can now offer up a conditional vote for Under Armour 6" Boxerjocks. Conditional because I just bought them on the earlier recommendation (thanks, Gonzo) and have worn them once (now, actually)

What I can say so far is, "Wow!, maybe there is such as thing as a comfortable brief." Love 'em. To this point, the only downside for me is the price. As I mentioned earlier, I have always bought only the cheap stuff, but these at $20 per pair do not fall into that category, at least not by my standards.

I really don't want to get back into my tighty whities, so I need to scrape up another $20 pretty soon so I can change.

2. SpacemanSpiff23

SpacemanSpiff23 Loaded Pockets

I'm a cheap cotton briefs man myself, but I've been thinking about switching to boxer briefs. probably Underarmour to see if I like the idea before I spend the extra $5 on Ex officio.

A quick question: Any of you that have switched from briefs to boxer briefs, does the elastic around your thighs become an annoyance ever? I know if I wear bike shorts for too long, I get kind of sick of having them on. Are boxer briefs a much looser fit?

3. Tombstone

Tombstone Loaded Pockets

The problem I've had with boxer briefs is that if your kneel-stand-sit-kneel-stand all day they quickly become just briefs, as the thigh portion moves north a bit with each movement.

But they're cheap so, the occasional strangle hold is a small price to pay.

4. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

I wear boxers around 60% of the time, I'd guess. The other 40% sees me in something along the lines of the UnderArmor 'tights'. They are a snug fitting boxer brief that keeps everything in place and helps to reduce chafing in the muggy warm weather. There are some poor imitations, but most decent athletic wear companies have something similar. The cut and stretch may be a bit different for various manufacturers.

5. yokol

yokol Empty Pockets

i wear boxers because i like them more then the speedo briefs

6. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Empty Pockets

Dry-Wet Tex boxers. Never anything else now I've found these. I have about a dozen pairs.

7. Relayer

Relayer Loaded Pockets

As noted above, I made a similar switch and have no complaints. I really like my Under Armours.

They pretty much comfortably stay where they are supposed to on my legs. If I do a lot of activity they move up a little, but do not bunch up at all in the joint of the leg/trunk. Much better than the cotton short boxer briefs (trunks) that I tried once before.

Definitely give a pair a try and see how they work for you.

8. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

9. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Under Armour BoxerJocks

Only have 5 pairs. Wish I could get more, just can't afford them now.
    Anyone know of a cheaper alternative? I heard Joe Boxer made something similar, but forget the name.

10. Chinaman

Chinaman Empty Pockets

Hands down, the best underwear is Soffe running shorts. I have close to 20 pairs.

11. JSmith88

JSmith88 Loaded Pockets

Exofficio boxers hands down the best. Just expensive.

12. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

well i have to say thanks to all that posted and i tried my best to look into all the styles and brands and read with everyone has to say...
    for me it seems that under armor gets the most thumbs up..not the cheapest and not the most expensive... and most styles to choose.
    so i tried one pair of 3" boxer briefs the O model..first time out the fit was really good. i thought i didnt like the feel, very nylonly.. always knew i was wearing them.. one thing i didnt like the waist band likes to roll over, and i dont have a big belly....

next day back to the jockey briefs,,,after a short time i want to change to the under armour... i washed them and third day wore them again...i sold..
    found the sweet spot so the waist band stays put.. and we are in a heat wave with temps in the high 90's.. so it make for good testing...realy keeps me dry...great feeling ,,,two more pairs on there way....

13. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Just an update on the above. 9" Boxer Jocks FTW when hiking. May grab a few 6" for "casual wear"

14. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

Yep, those under armour boxer jocks are amazing. I'm up to 9 pairs now. 1 for every day of the week and back ups.

15. uspopo

uspopo Loaded Pockets

Hanes Boxer brief kind of guy here..lol!

16. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

im up to four pairs...working to have at least a weeks worth

17. burntrat

burntrat Loaded Pockets

What's the difference betwen the O model and regular model?

18. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

just off the top of my head...i thought the O is the orginal version. and the other version is a mesh weave...
    the home site should explain the differences from version to version ,,but i dont see any explaintions

hopefully somebody knows for sure

19. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i just when to there website,, O is the original, M is for mesh, LX is luxury whish means is ultra light weight and most comfortable

20. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

+1 To the Under Armour!!! I wear the Boxers and I have 2 pairs of exofficio. LOVE Under Armour, and they hold up very well.