1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

We are being listed as a spam site by some services.

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by JonSidneyB, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Stormstaff

Stormstaff Loaded Pockets

Odd, nothing in my inbox or spam. What's the address it'll be coming from? I'll add that to my contacts and it should let it through then.

stormstaff@sbcglobal.net

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

edcfadmin@edcforums.com

I found the problem, I got a message that indicated your ISP is blocking the forums emails. I sent you a message showing what I found. We will get this all strightened out.

3. H2O

H2O Loaded Pockets

I use gmail,no issues here,looks like it all goes into my inbox.

4. Dapple

Dapple Loaded Pockets

I use gmail, first message went to spam, I marked as not spam and it goes to my inbox now.

5. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

I'm getting emails fine. Checked my Outlook and Cox webmail junk folders. All seems well here.

6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

The number of places considering us spam is dropping. There are still some places that do, I have it now when an email gets blocked I get a notification.

Since midnight I have only got 36 notifications of blocked messages. That is way down from hundreds a few days ago. Many of them getting blocked are conversation notifications (PMs).

7. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

I don't know what info new registrants are given during registration process, so maybe it's addressed somewhere already. If not, there should be a prominent notification early-on that they should check their email spam trap/folder at the outset to ensure EDCF emails are getting through. Notice should include the email address so they can "whitelist" manually if they want (edcfadmin@edcforums.com and any others being used for password resets etc).