1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wave+ stiff

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Scribble, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

I recently received a new Black Wave plus. I really like the fact that I have the replaceable wire cutters. The only thing I am having problems with is the pliers are extremely tight. I understand they need to be not sloppy but when trying to spread the pliers I seem to end up closing the arms due to it being so stiff. Has anyone else had theirs be that stiff from new. I have tried working it daily but seems like it gets stiff from just sitting.

suburbDad likes this.
  2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Scribble: I've never held one of those so I don't know if there are any adjustments. Maybe some light lube?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Use ‘em. They loosen up before long.

Ken Badgley likes this.
  4. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

A drop or two of lube helped mine as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

The several Leathermans I bought over years all had various degrees of stiffness at first, but all broke in eventually and operated well thereafter. None required lube to get things working smoothly, although that might have helped. My thought then was that lube might even slow things down a bit, while running the pivots dry could wear them in faster. In any case, I didn't bother with it. Even now, I rarely use oil, unless needed for cleaning or to displace moisture. In those cases, a few squirts of WD40, wipedown and done.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. Begungrain7

Begungrain7 Loaded Pockets

That 3 in 1 oil works pretty good

7. Armen

Armen Empty Pockets

Wash it with warm soap and water to get that factory gunk out of the joints, dry it the best you can and then spray it with some WD-40. It should loosen up after that. I've done that with my Charge ALX and Wave. Funny thing is I called Leatherman and they recommended soaking it overnight in WD-40.

8. speedy

speedy Loaded Pockets

Send it back to them with a description of the problem with a return envelope with your address and a stamp.