1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Waterproof pouch recommendations

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by A.B., Jul 21, 2017.

1. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

As the title says. Just a utility pouch to store some stuff like a back up knife, phone charger, pens and stuff. I keep it in my cooler in the truck. That's why I want it waterproof. Now I just use a zip lock bag

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

2. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

Maybe try a dry bag of some sort or an otterbox

The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: "What good is it?"
    ― Aldo Leopold

A.B. likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I take it your ziplock bag isn't working for you. To keep in the cooler, I usually use the freezer version of ziplock bags. Heavier gauge material and hence more durable.

I also use these when packing for a trip. Never had a leak yet.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

No, I'm just looking for a pouch. Kind of like a Maxpedition, but waterproof. Or are the Maxpeditions waterproof?

5. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

Plano 3440-20 Waterproof Stowaway $5 @ BigRiverRetailer I have 2, myself.
    Fits phone, wallet, keys. Might be what you're looking for.

A.B. likes this.
  6. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

Resistant I think. Sorry I thought I replied a ways backthough I'm sure you could find something to spray on to add to it

The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: "What good is it?"
    ― Aldo Leopold

7. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

Magpul Daka pouches and/or LOKSAK bags.

[​IMG]

Sent from my  iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

_mg_ likes this.
  8. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Just something to think about, just because the bag is waterproof, it's still going to gain condensation inside which could still affect your phone, knife, etc.

There are waterproof bags that are small for such things made for kayaks and similar. They don't cost much. Dicks sporting goods has some in the camping area.

9. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I would have a look into the roll top dry bags you get for camping and other outdoor activities - most of mine I have picked up from local camping/outdoor shops.

I have them in a wide range of sizes - from ones to line the inside of a rucksack, to ones just large enough for a phone, so there should be one to suit what you want to hold. I would also shop around a bit too - I can't remember any particular brands off the top of my head, but I have them from pretty thin to pretty solid material (from a lightweight one to keep with my camera in case it rains, to the heavier duty ones I use for carrying about gear).

The other option I use for some things that is a bit bulkier is a small dry box from Peli (or one of the many derivatives) - slightly bulkier, but rigid and bombproof, depending on where you want to use it - one difference here would be the ability to open the top completely to access the contents easier than if they were rattling about in a bag.

Another thought is that if it is potentially going to be in about cold fluids, even if it is sealed I would still stick in some desiccant of some form to make sure there isn't any condensation inside - especially if you have non-sealed electronics in there, and potentially not checked on for a while.

Ethos likes this.
  10. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. I decided on putting my Maxpedition pocket organizer in a small dry bag. Don't know why I didn't think of this before