1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Water flavoring???

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Scribble, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Scribble

Scribble Loaded Pockets

I am wondering if anyone puts anything in there water bottle to get flavor. I am trying to find easy to add flavoring to my water as i'm trying to cut down on my soda intake but flavor is one reason i keep going back to soda.

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I started using sugar free sparkling water, a few ounces to my Klean Kanteen bottles.

3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I carry a handful of a bunch of the single use packets in my bag of mixed flavors. My go to is either the blue or green Hawaiian Punch, or something cherry. There is a jolly rancher and a welch brand I use. Surprising enough they are all sugar free but don't have that nasty chemical taste most sugar free stuff does. They all stain plastic bottles but I use stainless steel bottles. I use true lemon sometimes when I want a tart lemon taste (also use it in my tea). I carry a handful of a bunch of the single use packets in my bag of mixed flavors.

4. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

I carry some assorted Squincher Qwik Stik electrolyte replacers.

Sent from an alternate dimension using Talkatap.

5. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I like my water to taste like water.

6. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I use single use packets from Walmart. I was using the liquid drop kind until one opened up in my lunchbox. I drink more water if it doesn’t taste like water and I’m not allowed to flavor it with bourbon at work.

ran23 likes this.
  7. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

Less processed chemicals for me. A good filter and the water tastes great.

I used to drink a ton of soda as well, I decided one day to just drink lots of water, I mean chug it, and my cravings are gone.
    I do need a lot of ice though, love that brain freeze.

ran23 and MatBlack like this.
  8. Eagle Scout
    • In Omnia Paratus

Eagle Scout Loaded Pockets

Try the Gatorade G2 lower sugar powder in GRAPE. Comes in 8-pack tubes.

Also, "propel" from Gatorade which is zero cal and also comes in tasty grape. Mixes clear, which is nice for clear bottles and is also vitamin enhanced. 25% C, 35% E, 60% B6, 60% Niacin, 20% B12, 100% pantothenic acid (B5).

Propel is more expensive, but has zero sugar plus the vitamins. Easy to carry in single serve powder tubes and tastes amazing.

Moshe ben David and ran23 like this.
  9. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

When I want some flavoring, I use Stur. I like it because it is more natural than many of the flavorings and doesn’t have sucralose which my wife is sensitive to. It does have stevia but the stevia taste is not as strong as some of the others I have tried.

10. flux

flux Loaded Pockets

Well, either make some tea or you could just put a tea bag in it, like fruit tea, works even in cold water.
    or throw a few pieces of fruit in it. or some drops of lemon or lime juice.

I like water pure, but if you want taste there's still no need to add funky chemicals and sugar to your perfectly good water.
    if you really need a sweety taste sensation to get away from soda, make some tea and use a bit of honey.

Another great taste enhancer is ginger. just throw some thin slices in hot water and make some ginger tea. you can also leave it in cold, but of course won't give as much flavor.

Last edited by flux, Nov 28, 2018
    #10 flux, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  11. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

The Pure Lemon brand of single serve drink mix is nice and not overly sweet if mixed in a larger bottle.

12. Outbound

Outbound Loaded Pockets

We buy Dasani Drops every now and then. Lots of flavor, zero sugar, zero calories. $4 or so per bottle, which flavors 15 or so full sized mason jars of water (yes...i drink water by the mason jar. not in those hipster mason jar cups. Literally the canning jars, filled with water). So you'd probably be able to flavor 30+ regular glasses of water depending how strong you like it.

13. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Soda Stream + Mio. Several litres a day. Saving me literally hundreds of dollars on sparkling water.

14. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

I squeeze a piece of fruit or throw a lime or lemon quarter into the water. Probably not practical if you're on the road a lot though.

Another classic is grape juice into carbonated mineral water.

15. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

16. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

Don't drink the kool-aid!

Sentinel-14 and Rebel like this.
  17. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Back in the day, we were instructed never to put anything other than water into our water bottles, as the sugar content of other products would promote the growth of bacteria, mould, and other undesirable things, and lead to, at best, a bacterial infection and thus a casualty; it was actually an offence under Army regulations at the time (the '90s). To this day, I only put water into my water bottle. My flask, yes (such as coffee, etc, and it receives a daily wash with anti-bacteriological washing-up liquid), but my water bottle, never anything other than water.

MatBlack, Spuggy and Rebel like this.
  18. vadsoom

vadsoom Loaded Pockets

Tea!

MatBlack likes this.