1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watcha wearing, part three.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by cowsmilk, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Sinkhole

Sinkhole Loaded Pockets

Got this one three weeks ago. Number 0032/3000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary Gross, Froley, THX2008 and 2 others like this.
  2. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balder77, jcombs, Civilian and 5 others like this.
  3. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I STILL haven't been able to get into WUS.
    I'm sure someone there could help.
    If I could source a stem for the Sieko 5 sport ( preferably with the crown attached though I THINK I got the stem out of this crown) I believe I could swipe the hands from the dead 8926 and make a semi custom out of this watch.[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

It must be said the original movement is a working movement with no hands. I got the broken rest of the stem out yesterday and the stem from this movement works it and it's heart beats. I have no access to PayPal nor a credit card. I use cash or money order or cashiers check. I'm sure if I wear this and keep it wound I won't need to change anything until the end of the month.

5. Patski

Patski Loaded Pockets

Seiko 5 are pretty common, I think if you go around town looking in Pawn shops, you probably can find a donor one for the stem and crown on the cheap side! Otherwise I would say eBay, but since you don't have PayPal... Maybe if you contact the vendor there is something to be done?

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. joshwhoha

joshwhoha Loaded Pockets

A very well-used Casio SGW-100.

This humble fella has seen a lot of miles and been a lot of places, and he's never let me down.[​IMG]

7. Patski

Patski Loaded Pockets

My old Poljot 17 jewels that I regulated this weekend! Hands need to be changed tho[​IMG]

Froley and Moshe ben David like this.
  8. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

Donor watch makes a lot of sense IF I can find one. Might have a better set of hands too.

Patski likes this.
  9. BronxIron

BronxIron Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

balder77, FilthyJ24, THX2008 and 5 others like this.
  10. bdcochran

bdcochran Empty Pockets

I own a number of watches and they are inexpensive. Rather than identifying the models, I will give the generality:
    1. if a watch has a manual, a copy of the manual is on a backup usb stick and if not too extensive, a printed copy is in the watch file.
    2. the watches are kept in individual zip lock plastic bags and then whatever is not routinely used is stored in clear plastic, water resistant snapware storage containers (not your kitchen stuff) and the watch is identified as battery or windup, whatever.
    3. the watches are checked periodically for battery run down.
    4. cheap solar powered watches and windup Victorinox watches are held for :censored: when battery replacements will not happen.
    5. I have bought a number of functioning battery watches from Goodwill. If I ever break one, scratch one, lose one (and I have), no big loss.
    6. I have a few dress watches which are presentable and cost under $100 each.

11. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

If you can't find a donor watch, maybe just buy a cheap Seiko 5 even from Amazon? They were as low as $55; prices seem to be higher now but I just checked and spotted one under 'Warehouse Deals' (this is stuff that's been returned to Amazon usually because the customer decided they didn't like the product for some reason) at about $60. Probably you could also find used ones on eBay. Whichever way you go just keep that one set aside as a source of all manner of donor parts...

Good hunting!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

12. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I looked at Esslinger last night. They only show a dozen or more. This watch has a 4 o'clock crown. All the new ones I see are 3 o'clock. I realize that in itself doesn't matter. But not sure how to get what I need from a supplier. It's running some number of seconds wrong. Ok against the phone clock it's almost a minute behind. But that's close enough for now.

13. Patski

Patski Loaded Pockets

Do you have the glass cover in the back? If you can identify the movement, it will be easier to find the parts! It is usually engraved somewhere visible

14. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

A possible problem with that is that this is a different movement. Anyhow can anyone say for certain that this is a 5 case?
    This was a Yobokies mod.

15. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

If it was a Yobokies mod, he might have info on it. Word to the wise with him: Ask ONE very specific question per contact. If you ask two questions, he’ll answer one and ignore the other.

As far as cases, it’s probably a safe bet that it’s a 5 case. You should have a case/movement on the back (two sets of four digits, the first four are the case #, the second are the movement), which can be looked up at watchsleuth.com. The movement itself is marked as well.

16. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

A possible tell on the case is that the bezel has no click and will go either direction.

17. brand0n

brand0n EDC Junkie

[​IMG]

18. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Pretty sure this is a swiss army classic. Victorinox marked on caseback and swiss army on the crown. I’ve had it for like 15-20 years. No good ID on it.

Olive NATO band.

[​IMG]

balder77, brand0n, Guerilla and 2 others like this.
  19. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

It could be an aftermarket bezel, in fact that’s likely. It kind of looks like one of the coin edge bezels, but I’m not familiar enough with them to ID positively from the top.

20. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

The back covers on this and the watch this movement came from are interchangeable.
    I have the glass cover from that watch on the back of this one. The other movement is at the house. I figure to get all the info I can and then call esslingers.