1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watcha wearing, part three.

Discussion in 'Watches' started by cowsmilk, Oct 28, 2014.

1. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

Where/how does the Damasko fit in your collection? I am seriously considering a DA34 but have never handled one and not certain if the watch will meet the expectations I have of it from all of the hype it receives. You have a very unique and quality set of watches and would like to know your opinions on this brand.

Bwana1 likes this.
  2. Bwana1

Bwana1 Loaded Pockets

Damasko makes a great quality build, and some very unique features..generally in a pilot style watch. I like the DA45 because it combines a pilot with a diver bezel, along with the full lume dial perfect for my night time activities(hunting/fishing). Their cases are bulletproof in regards to scratches, and very durable robust crown features.

My collection is fairly complicated, and the depth of each style only based on my whims of my individual tastes. I run the gambit in divers, pilot, military, Bauhaus, etc...I love color, unique case styles, unique dials, unique manufacturers, rare & limited...I purposely wear few pieces others own, it makes me...me :)

And after many 10's of 1000's of dollars later, none ever notice my watches...except for 2 instances.

1)At my daughters wedding, she came hugged me and said "Oh wow, and orange one"
    2)My good friend who knows I collect fine pieces, but doesn't wear a watch said "That would be the day I'd ever see you wear a Timex"

This is the Timex :)....yes the Damasko DA36

[​IMG]

kye4some, Patski, Gary Gross and 4 others like this.
  3. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

The computer is well and truly out of business. It won't even auto recognize my phone anymore.
    After not fixing the Mitsubishi for which I wore a $20 Casio beater...

I am now wearing my Invicta Limited Edition Carbon Fiber 8926.
    I also have my Vostok Amphibia and Komandorskie white Air Force running much more accurate than yesterday.

4. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

Thats the nicest Timex I've ever seen, thanks for the feedback. Rarely are my watches commented on either, although my new Squale has gotten a few notices recently. Must be the blue bezel/dial. I like pieces that others don't have too, I have a SKX007 but it's heavily modded and only a watch guy would ever know it's a Seiko. You have some great watches in your collection, keep posting them. I will get the Damasko soon and post a pic.

Gary Gross and Bwana1 like this.
  5. Bwana1

Bwana1 Loaded Pockets

And Squale is a smaller mfg. with a rich history for great pieces, wear it proudly and in good health.

The market is ripe for the picking now, pre-owned piece value is very soft...and due to the events across the pond the Euro is down significantly. Now is a great time to pick up a grail piece, or a German/Swiss maker that's been on the radar.

With the advent of the Swiss ETA(Swatch)movement/parts lock down availability in the future/now, many new micros and established firms will be introducing other options. This should push retail and competition to a frenzied high, which can only help the WIS in the long run.

WUS and Watchrecon are the go-to places to scour the used market, for new Damaskos here in the US I'd highly recommend Watchmann(ask for Greg)for great pricing and service.

Gary Gross and jcombs like this.
  6. Chefget

Chefget Loaded Pockets

Here's a bit of history on the Regulator design from a watch forum...

Regulator clocks, sometimes referred to as pendulum clocks, were invented in the late 18th century by french watchmaker Pierre Louie Berthoud (nephew of the famous watchmaker Ferdinand Berthoud) in a quest for greater timekeeping accuracy. They were weight-driven devices and featured a deadbeat escapement (an improvement on the anchor design).

To ensure their accuracy, they usually omitted complicated features like calendars. Instead, each of the clock’s hands worked off a different mechanism.

Originally developed as both a primary 'marine chronometer' and also used in observatories, a common use of the regulateur clock was as time reference instrument in a watchmaker's (as in manufacturer's) workshop, positioned so that it could be seen by all the watchmakers so that they could use it for regulating the watches they're building.

Here, the hour display was not of great importance, but the minute display was.

Hope that helps.

[​IMG]

#4706 Chefget, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Patski, Shawnee, pierch and 2 others like this.
  7. Stutz

Stutz EDC Junkie

[​IMG]

Received a Komandirskie today as a late Christmas gift (it is shipped from Russia, after all). I have an Amphibia as well but I think I prefer this one! The graphics are well done, the number font is cool, and it's just all-around fun to look at. Even the lume looks nice and bright.

I know it's not a diver but honestly it feels just about as solid and robust as the Amphibia. I was expecting it to feel a little cheaper. This one even came with a rather nice NATO strap, which I'm gonna keep. Very pleased!

David seems to approve as well. The Vostok is strategically positioned to protect his modesty.

Patski, jcombs, Shawnee and 2 others like this.
  8. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

For no good reason I chose my Aviator Quartz Chronometer to wear today.
    If the hands were black instead of silver I think it would be better.
    The hands can hide in some light conditions.
    It has shiny silver sub dials at 3 and 9. Black at 6.
    It's really a rather beautiful watch. Just not even in the top ten fave.

59Bassman likes this.
  9. asuspcpc

asuspcpc Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Patski, Gary Gross, jcombs and 3 others like this.
  10. Valth

Valth Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

pew~pew~

Patski, jcombs, pierch and 3 others like this.
  11. kpstumpf

kpstumpf Loaded Pockets

What model is that sir? Love the red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valth likes this.
  12. Valth

Valth Loaded Pockets

Srp601 new monster its great got it yesterdaycfor 50 bucks lol

pew~pew~

jcombs likes this.
  13. billwilson

billwilson Loaded Pockets

6309 Again
    Combat Strap

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

A tough watch for tough conditions. Snowmobiling in the Colorado mountains this week.
    [​IMG]

Howler4, pierch, kottskrapa and 2 others like this.
  15. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Your killing me!
    We have a cabin in Gunnison but I can't find time to get there in the winter that often.
    Be safe!

Also thanks for ruining me by posting about the Damasko,now the fuse has been lit I am afraid.

I bought a Lum Yec and a Glycine this afternoon too,help me!

jcombs likes this.
  16. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

I am afraid this watch buying/collecting thing is a deep and dark rabbit hole. Now is a good time to be buying though, as @Bwana1 mentioned, the market is soft and discounts are deep.

17. PBJS II

PBJS II Loaded Pockets

I found a case in which to put my Waltham quartz movement. It's a shiny SS case from a Walmart watch.
    The interior of the case is mirror like and reflects the indices and such.
    Approximately 35mm case. Approximately 32mm dial. The case is sort of square.
    The dial is silverish. In the middle of the dial there is a vertical line design.
    Then a smooth indice area with applied gold 12, 6 and 9 with bars elsewhere except 3 where there is a gold framed date window. A textured chapter ring outside of the indices area. Slim gold knife hands with lume.
    Gold stick second hand. Has a black 22mm textured leather strap. Going to get brown.

18. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

This week one of my Seiko 5 Sports is riding along: SNZ188K. A white dial; day/date; SS case and bracelet with 'gold' accents. I've had it now about 20 years -- picked it up in Singapore whilst on assignment. Dependable and steady as a rock! Puts the Vostok to shame.

Some day I'll figure out how to do pics...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

19. andiem

andiem Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Garmin Fenix 3 with Mario watch face :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

20. Lopez

Lopez Loaded Pockets