1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watch you don't have but would like to. Why you like it...

Discussion in 'Watches' started by SurivStud, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I first saw the Inox at the professionalwatches website. The site address is not 'approved' by EDC admin. Here is the review:

To celebrate Victorinox’s 130th anniversary, Victorinox Swiss Army has created an ultra-rugged timepiece that symbolizes the robustness and reliability of the Swiss Army knife. To ensure that the Inox performs under the most strenuous conditions, it has been run through a battery of 130 rigorous strength tests.
    The Inox can withstand a 10 meter drop onto concrete, a 64-ton tank driving over top of it, a two hour cycle in a washing machine and even a sandstorm. It can resist -60 to 160 degrees farenheit and 12Gs of acceleration and deceleration. Furthermore, it has been subjected to attack by gasoline, solvents, oils, cleaning products and insecticides.
    To achieve this ultra high level or durability, Victorinox naturally made a number of critical design decisions that ensure such high resistance to virtually anything you can throw out it. For example, the dial is a single sealed piece. The indexes look like they are applied, but they are actually stamped indexes. This is required as the dial is one of the first things to fail when subjecting a watch to these extreme tests. The horns are protected against warping and solidified by a crossbar. The crown, too, is protected, as is the crystal by the slightly elevated (armored) bezel. And as if that is not enough, there is also a removable bumper made of silicone and nylon that can be snapped on to further increase the durability and to reduce the probably of scratching the watch.
    The Inox is presented in a 43 mm stainless steel case with a flat sapphire crystal that has a triple anti-reflective treatment. The stainless steel caseback is screwed-on, and the crown is screwed down, as well as protected by substantial crown guards. Water-resistance is 200 meters. The movement is a Swiss-made quartz Ronda 715. Hour and minute hands are luminescent. Date at 4:30. Military time is on the flange. Available September 2014. (Ref. 241682 - black, 241683 - khaki green, 241688 - blue).

I think the Inox is a good choice for me.

Edit: I think a 67 ton tank would break the watch. You should only drive a 64 ton tank over it. That would be fine.

Stammoss, SurivStud and thePlumbah like this.
  2. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

The inox case looks very similar to the dive master 500 case. The plain bezel looks good on the inox.
    [​IMG]

3. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

For some strange reason, I'm obsessed with plain bezels. Like on the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Explorer.

I hate fancy shmancy bling-bling with a passion.

4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thats cool, but what time is it? :rofl:

Sharaz_Jek likes this.
  5. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

A genuine, classic, serviced, working, American made 18 gauge railroad certified leverset pocketwatch (probably Hamilton). Alternatively, I tend to like military and diver type watches and the Panerai Radiomir style is catching my eye at the moment. I'd probably go with an homage for a sterile dial.
    The first is due to the history, accuracy and engineering of the beautiful watches that, at one time, thrust American watchmaking into the number one place in the world. The second is due to the history and innovation of the design, the looks, the size, the simplicity, and the legibility of the beautiful art-deco California type dial.

6. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

It flashes the hours and then the minutes when you tilt it to look at it.

thePlumbah likes this.
  7. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

That IS sweet!

8. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Every time I read from you guys I find something to be interested in. I never heard of the Panerai Radiomir watches...
    And now I want one too...

thatotherguy likes this.
  9. Stranger
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stranger EDC Junkie!!!

I just saw the Inox on eBay. The price ain't too bad either. That green one just doesn't appeal to me.

Stammoss likes this.
  10. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

If you buy it, please send us a pic.
    May be this thread will become a transitory stage for the "watch you don't have but would like to" condition... Perhaps some of us will find that special watch in a special offer and then, after sharing a pic of our wrist wearing it, we will post of a new "don't have but would like to" watch.

Stammoss likes this.
  11. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

I bought recently the one I was looking for. Fortunately, since I did let aside all those expensive preferences which I can't afford, this time I was looking for a low price one.
    [​IMG]

I like wearing it. Provides good info, easy to read at night, the slide rule works just fine. The chronograph has the "click" sound to start and reset which I like.
    After reading all of those wonderful watches shown in this forum... I am having a hard time to choose which one to save money for.

kd7dvd likes this.
  12. Firepoint

Firepoint Loaded Pockets

I want the new blue faced Rolex Milgauss.

My wife was very upset when I bought my Omega Speedmaster. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to spend the money on the Rolex.

13. kbuzbee

kbuzbee Loaded Pockets

Surely you have an anniversary coming up, no? ;)

Ken

Firepoint likes this.
  14. A4VC

A4VC Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

Just look at them and you'll know why!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flyerbill and SurivStud like this.
  15. A4VC

A4VC Loaded Pockets

Double tap

16. SurivStud

SurivStud Loaded Pockets

Well, here is where the old saying comes forth (we use it in Spanish) : "sometimes it is better to apologize than to ask for permission" ... No, just kidding, you better don't get her upset again. It's better to negotiate and make her happy.

17. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Note: For all the hyperbole, I consider the 3 year warranty kind of on the light side. By comparison, a ~$100 Fossil watch has an 11 year warranty.

ATB,
    Sam

Last edited by indigo_wolf, Sep 12, 2014
    SurivStud, Stammoss and Stranger like this.
  18. Stammoss
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stammoss EDC Junkie!!!

The I.N.O.X. has been on my list the first time I saw pictures of it. I bought it the moment it was for sale.

[​IMG]

More pictures in my thread: http://edcforums.com/threads/stammoss-edc.117028/page-24

SurivStud likes this.
  19. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

I really want a Uboat!

20. baconboyrlz
    • In Omnia Paratus

baconboyrlz Loaded Pockets

I want a Panerai, Hamilton Jazzmaster, and an Omega Seamaster. The only one reachable is the Hamilton.