1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watch Recommendation For a Guy With Small Wrists

Discussion in 'Watches' started by MouldyCrow360, Feb 19, 2007.

1. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

VROOOOOM !! Watch W/ NITROUS !!! :drive:

2. crossroads

crossroads Empty Pockets

Have to admit that made me laugh :laugh: :laugh:

On topic, there are some recs I can make. I was looking primarily for military styling, with an automatic movement (preferably Swiss) that was relatively cheap. Two watches fit the bill for me: Ollech and Wajs M65 and Precista PRS-53.

However, I stayed frugal and patient, and eventually realised that I was succumbing to the irrational desire for an automatic, when a quartz could do just as well, if not better. I then decided on the PRS-10, a considerably cheaper, but probably more durable, quartz watch similar to the classic CWC G10s. Unfortunately, by waiting, the whole credit crisis and recession debacle decided to drop in and push the Australian dollar back 30 years to 65 cents per $US :thumbsdown:. So now I'm being even more patient...

3. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Anyone here read the "Rogue Warrior" series by Richard Marcinko?

In one of his books he uses the term "Big watch, little p!@#$r."

4. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

That being said I will now cancel my CountyComm order for my JSAR.

5. M2

M2 Empty Pockets

Hey, I am a tad late posting but fascinated by the fact so many other people have small wrists. I thought I was alone!
    I have a double faced Rotary watch for when I travel, or dress wear.
    For walking and bird watching I love Gul watches www.gulwatches.com
    You can get a range of straps. So far I use the velcro ones as they fit most wrists sizes.
    They do a small face version of many of their watches but I have the regular size.
    They are robust and waterproof as designed originally for surfers in the UK - I think!

6. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

7. mrichelo

mrichelo Loaded Pockets

HA. Why didn't I ever figure that out?

I've been wanting an SKX031 for awhile. I want to get one from Yobokies with the proplof hands.

How do you like the watch? How about some pics of it?

Thanks,

Mark

8. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

Here's a 44mm watch on my 6.75" wrist. Some watches wear larger than their actual size, while others wear smaller. More often than not you need to worry about the thickness of a watch rather than it's diameter.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/markdoogue/SinnUXGSG-9.jpg[/img]

9. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

Ugh. While I LOVED the Seiko SKX031 I got (Type S hands with red-lume tip second hand), one IMPORTANT fact about it is that it's powered by movement. So you have to wear it daily to keep it going. If, like me, you only wear it when you get dressed up, you'll have to reset it (or put it on and wear it around the house for a few hours everyday). Anyway. Everything else about the watch is great, and I can't say enough about how awesome "Yobokies" is to deal with. Great communication and super-fast delivery. I had mine in 3 days--in time for my wedding pics. Selling it for a good deal here (or on the bay later).

10. contemporarysteel

contemporarysteel Empty Pockets

Mouldycrow360

I went to ewatches website to order the same watch as you. I am I just not seeing it with a black band? Do I have to ask for a black band? Or, does it come with a black band. I do like the O.D. green band. but a black one looks alittle more professional. Thanks

11. Ainsley

Ainsley Loaded Pockets

I'm obviously not MouldyCrow but I did get the same watch. The Citizen comes with an OD green band, Its a decent band but I decided to change with with a black band that I picked up off E-bay. If you do a search for 18mm maratac and then check out the 2 piece ones you should be able to find something that you like.

12. contemporarysteel

contemporarysteel Empty Pockets

Awesome, thanks Ainsley. You just help make the full on choice to Yes. Thanks you

13. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Timex makes a metal field watch?! How did I not know about this? I loved the Timex Camper, but they just aren't tough enough. This looks very similar, but in metal. Thanks for the info.

14. Ainsley

Ainsley Loaded Pockets

You won't regret it. I find it to be a nice simple watch that is worry free and reliable. The GITD on the hands is more convenient than I would have thought, I use it constantly when I wake up in the middle of the night.

15. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Wrist band on my watch smells like crap when wet. Seriously thinking about getting an Eco drive Citizen watch like the one MouldyCrow360 bought. The wrist band on that watch looks similar to the wrist band on my Casio watch. Can anybody tell me if the wrist band on Eco-drive watches smell bad when wet? Thanks.

My Casio watch
    [​IMG]

16. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

Where did you get that clip/slide on compass on the band?

17. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

That's a 'mini compass' off ebay, which is a clone of the Suunto Clipper micro compass. Most of the ones I bought worked okay, and pointed north, but a couple that I had were defective and tossed out. I've read that if you receive several compasses together, that some might appear to be 'off'. They need to be kept from other compasses and magnetic sources for a while to return to pointing North as they should.

I prefer the luminous Sunnto Clipper, but as far as durability goes, I'm actually on my third Suunto compared to one damaged clone. The rotating directional bezels on both can get caught on something and popped off. You don't really need that on a small compass like this, so they can be super glued back on and in place. For general direction finding, either work fine on a watchband.

18. V a a m Y o b

V a a m Y o b Loaded Pockets

Thanks, now it's off to find zulu bands.
    The canvas one that I have now is beginning to fray.

19. Don H

Don H Empty Pockets

I'm in the boat, i too have quite thin wrists, I wear a Swatch Irony, they have a pretty big range and their after sales service is pheonominal.

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I have the same problem ... Small wrists. Always wanted to try out an Eco-Drive model. That one looks nice. :)