1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watch Recommendation For a Guy With Small Wrists

Discussion in 'Watches' started by MouldyCrow360, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

The Seiko 5 I have says water resistant but doesn't say how far.

-LT

2. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I know I've seen explanations for actual use of 'water resistance' shown on watches, but can't find that link. I did a quick search on Seiko and came up with this this chart, but it may only apply to their dive watches. Some more info on water resistance and another explanation here.

3. Starcruiser1229

Starcruiser1229 Loaded Pockets

The Seiko 5 I have also just says Water Resistant, but a quick Google suggests it should be rated to about 30m - or 100 feet. According to Stormdrane's second link, it is more splash-proof, which I would agree with.
    Patrick

4. cave dave

cave dave Empty Pockets

:evil: Well darn if I didn't convince myself to buy one of the smaller Seiko 5 divers for my 6.25" wrist, the SKX025 and its actually 38mm wide w/out crown. It arrived today; coincidently, so did my quickly diminishing tax refund. :angel:

I'll be putting a rubber strap on it, I couldn't find a good price on the rubber model. Its a very good size for my wrist, I'm glad I didn't go with the "39mm" models or gosh forbid a "Monster".

[​IMG]

5. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

What about this watch? I am wearing mine today as a matter of fact.
    [img width=640 height=394]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/SNA141P.jpg[/img]

6. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Here is a picture of my Steinhart-Debaufre 39mm Special green Ocean 1 on my wrist.
    [img width=640 height=425]http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u130/TheKnifeCollector/SteinhartDebaufre.jpg[/img]

7. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Did anyone mention Skagen?? Check them out also, they come thin.

Blades

8. MouldyCrow360

MouldyCrow360 Empty Pockets

Well guys I finally got a watch. I ended up going with the Citizen. I got it from eWatches.com for $81 shipped which is even better than the going price on eBay. Very happy with it so far; it is exactly the size I wanted. eWatches apparently pre-charges Eco-Drive watches, so it was ready to go out of the box. I'm still trying to figure out why it changes the numeral date at exactly midnight yet the day of the week changes an hour or so after midnight, but that isn't really an issue since I'm not usually awake at that hour. Thanks again to the forum, I'd probably still be watchless if it weren't for your help.

[img width=640 height=480]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j157/luckydogg80/CitizenEcores.jpg[/img]

9. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Thanks for letting us know what you chose!!! I am glad that you are happy with it!

10. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

It is a beautiful simple watch, which can be read off simply. Make a picture with the watch at your wrist. :)

11. BladeDogg

BladeDogg Empty Pockets

Nice choice indeed! :roof: Do you still have it?

12. ultimaonliner

ultimaonliner Empty Pockets

You do NOT have small wrists. I repeat, you do NOT have small wrists.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=60438

50% in a poll that includes men and women, although probably mostly men, have wrists 7.0" or smaller.

You could do fine with a 45mm case watch, wihch means you could wear what you probably would consider a "clock".

13. stronzza

stronzza Loaded Pockets

My wrists are under 7" and I wear a 44mm Panerai with no problem...the 47mm is definitely too large but the 44mm and below are fine

14. ultimaonliner

I have 6.5" wrists and wear a 42.5mm watch with 47mm lug to lug distance just fine.

7.0" means you could probably wear one of the ultra large Curtis & Co. watches that a lot of celebrities, sports athletes, rap stars, etc seem to wear nowadays.

Here's a link to their site with pictures of celebs wearing their Curtis & Co watches:

http://www.curtisandcowatches.com/awristocrats.html

People like their watches LARGE :)

15. mainichi keitai

mainichi keitai Empty Pockets

I have been wearing a Longines Opposition because of my dislike for large watches. I found it in a watch store and liked it immediately for its size and that it has a very plain appearance, in addition to being all stainless with a sapphire crystal.

Being sized about the same as some of the mens watches decades ago I was happy to find one in a size that wouldn't give me too much trouble while at work, compared to some of the gargantuan styles so popular now.

The only bummer was finding out the size I was looking at was the ladies larger size and I had to buy a couple extra links to make it fit.
    However with your small wrists you may be able to wear one as is.

I just found these pics on the web and my watch is the non-chrono version.

Attached Files:

16. ultimaonliner

I have 6 3/8 to 6 1/2 " wrists and I just got this watch which measures 42.5mm, and IMHO does not look too large:

[img width=640 height=428]http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5453/20080905omegaspeedmasteav3.jpg[/img]

17. Ainsley

Ainsley Loaded Pockets

MouldyCrow,

How have you been liking the watch? I am looking for one of a similar design. Can you perhaps post a picture of it on your wrist??

I need a relatively small watch as I really do have small wrists at 6"

18. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Empty Pockets

You may be able to find Hamilton Khaki "Feild" for ~$160. They make both quartz and automatic versions.

Ryan

19. goingyard

goingyard Loaded Pockets

I am not sure how much you would like to spend? I you have a little coin to drop I would go with a mid sized omega. I have been wearing omegas for over 10 years. I have three of them. I have full sized watches but my brother has smaller wrists and he has the mid sizes. They look the same at the bigger watches just the face is smaller and it looks in normal proportion.

20. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Glad you found something you like. I have small wrists also. Just bought a cheap Casio watch. If the listed dimensions are correct, this Citizen watch is smaller than my Casio watch.

Casio
    Case diameter: 38
    Case thickness: 10

Citizen
    Case diameter: 37.2
    Case thickness: 9.5

A small, light Citizen Echo Drive watch like yours is definitely something I will buy.

My cheap watch
    [​IMG]