1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

WATCH PROTECTOR

Discussion in 'Watches' started by roo, Nov 20, 2007.

1. roo

roo Empty Pockets

do any of you know where i can get a watch protector that fits around the bezel. I once seen a wire like thingy that went around the bezel and one strand across the jewel. My suunto is getting trashed and I keep pushing the buttons getting it off the time.

2. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

The only thing I could find for Suunto watches was this thing; I'm not sure if it's the one you remember, but there seem to be some mixed reviews about it.

3. dtrain

dtrain Empty Pockets

I remember when I was in the Army I had a watchband that had a velcro cover that completley covered the watch and face when closed.I dont know where you could find one but maybe that would help.

Dtrain

4. Brickout

Brickout Loaded Pockets

Like this?

5. roo

roo Empty Pockets

I will check into the Eagle wrap. That is what I was looking for. Thanks for all the input.

6. dtrain

dtrain Empty Pockets

Thats what I am talking about.My favorite one was one that my Mom sewed up for me out of some seatbelt webbing when she had an industrial sewing machine.it lasted for years.

dtrain

7. Chingyul

Chingyul Loaded Pockets

Did you feel that the eagle strap was too wide. I think it would feel uncomfortable.
    Plus a bit of a hassle to open when you wanted to check the time.

Would be useful if you're doing something where you could scratch your watch, but I think it wouldn't be that practical in an EDC sense.

8. dtrain

dtrain Empty Pockets

Not really,you get used to it after awhile.

dtrain

9. Lunal_Tic

Lunal_Tic Empty Pockets

Lugs thanks for that link. I'd not seen those before. The problem with most Suunto is that little raised section on the bubble level. I have seen 1-2mm thick silicone adhesive face covers of the correct size but the bump makes it impossible to get them to lay down flat. Alternatively the adhesive sheets that are made to protect cell phone, digital camera, and portable gaming device monitors could be cut to fit. You could just put a hole in it with a paper punch to go over the bubble level.

-LT

10. big payback

big payback Empty Pockets

Years ago, in the early 90's when Swatch watches were all the rage, they had 2 different types of crystal protector... One was a snap on circular plastic ring, the other was a silicone band that stretched straight across the face... they both cost less than 5 bucks i believe, and came in a variety of colors... the silicone variety would be more of a universal fit... maybe you can find em on ebay...

11. peacefuljeffrey

Early '90s?

I coulda sworn that the Swatch-popularity era was when I was in like junior high or high school, mid-to-late '80s!

Am I mis-remembering it?