1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watch pocket/key chain size serrated blades

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Moshe ben David, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I generally carry at least two blades with me. Usually a primary and a complementary secondary. Most often, my primary is a plain edge (if a traditional such as a stockman or trapper, usually multiple plain edge blades), so the secondary is a serrated edge. I do have a few serrated edge knives that when I carry I consider as primary in which case then I use a plain edge as the complementary.

Simple and straight forward.

Thing is, other than Spyderco, finding small serrated edge blades to fit in the watch pocket of jeans isn't so simple. I love my Spydyercos. But I do get sort of bored... And I wonder what else is on the market in that size? I'm just not finding anything worth buying from other makers.

Budget wise I don't want to go extreme. Spydie ladybugs are in the budget sweet spot; maybe as high as $45 if the H1 steel; Case traditionals from their core families (e.g. peanut size) are also priced where I want to be -- if only Case had serrated blades in this range!

Suggestions anyone?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

2. OreoGaborio

OreoGaborio Loaded Pockets

Yeah, not many options.... Love my H1 ladybug hawkbill, even if a spydie isn't what you're looking for. Watch pocket with a lanyard is where it lives.

[​IMG]Untitled by Peter Gaboriault, on Flickr

Water-Rat likes this.
  3. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

I carry a stainless Delica and the H1 Hawkbill on a neck lanyard. Great combo. There is also a standard serrated H1 Ladybug.

4. Jramirez9083

Jramirez9083 Loaded Pockets

What about the serrated victorinox spartan version? It seems to be about the same size lengthwise as the ladybug

Water-Rat likes this.
  5. NelsonIII

NelsonIII Loaded Pockets

Cold Steel Mini Tuff Lite serrated. Maybe a smidge too big for you however?

Water-Rat likes this.
  6. Jramirez9083

Jramirez9083 Loaded Pockets

I'm sorry. I confused the ladybug with the dragonfly (shame on me). Spartan might be too big

7. scski44

scski44 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Cold steel super edge. Fits on keys, does the job, $15.88 on amazon.
    Pictures may or may not work...
    Edit: they didn't :help:
    Edit v1.3: now they did :bounce:

Last edited by scski44, Feb 8, 2016
    Lorenzo, Ross2187 and NelsonIII like this.
  8. JDay6363

JDay6363 Loaded Pockets

Spyderco Cricket?

9. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

I love the grimloc for the keys, and the knife! Might need to pick that one up..

scski44 likes this.
  10. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

All (above). Thanks for the suggestions. In fact, I do now have both Ladybug H1 SE (the Hawksbill and the regular) in my rotation for the watchpocket as complementary knives. I also have the Dragonfly H1 SE (as well as a Dragonfly H1 PE) which started out to be used in the watchpocket as a complementary knife. I decided first of all it was a bit too large for the watchpocket and second of all I liked it functionally to be part of my primary rotation. Same goes for the Cricket SE.

As far as the Cold Steel Super Edge. Looking at its overall length plus a sheath I think maybe too large for what I intend. At some point I think I will add one or more small fixed blades to my rotation pattern and this one may end up in the collection as a result.

So far, it sure is looking like Spyderco has 'carved' out a niche for sure. Not surprising given their talk about 'little big knives' !!

L'chaim,

Moshe ben David

OreoGaborio, NelsonIII and Water-Rat like this.