1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Watch Issues

Discussion in 'Watches' started by troutster52, Oct 22, 2017.

1. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I have a few watches that I have tinkered with some and am ready to give up on.

I have an older Fossil that has the thick leather band which is wider than the case at that spot. The first band wore out and I replaced it with a brand new fossil band and now that one is getting worn out as well. It is about a millimeter from totally breaking and falling off my hand. I have decided I am tired of messing with it.

I have a metal Peugeot watch that I wore as my "professional watch" to work, interviews, weddings, etc. It seemed to lose time, and I'd replace the battery and it'd be good as new, for a few weeks. It happened enough times I took it somewhere, and they replaced the battery and the movement, and I paid them more to do that than I did for the watch. Now we're back to losing time again and I am tired of looking at it.

My question is if anyone on this forum tinkers with watches and might like them as project or parts. I was thinking I might post them on buy/sell/trade for only a few dollars more than shipping to make it worth my time to run them to the post office or ups store. Is there anyone here that would be interested in things like that? I feel like its a waste to just throw them away

2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I can't use the watch, but I had a similar issue with a Luminox. I replace the battery with an equivalent sized Energizer (original was a Renata). The watch kept loosing time and would occasionally stop all together. I replaced the replacement with a Renata and all is well again. Apparently, equivalent batteries are not equal.

3. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

oooh ooooh me me me:wavespin::wavespin::wavespin:

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

With issues like these, perhaps you should also visit one of the watch forums? Some of the folks there have more specialized knowledge. I'd suggest you visit: http://www.watchuseek.com. and http://www.vintagewatchforums.com ; not disparaging us here at edcf but you might get more specialized responses...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

MCPOWoller likes this.
  5. Davidka

Davidka Loaded Pockets

That's very nice of you to give them away - splendid idea. However Regarding the Fossil you can find good leather straps on eBay or Aliexpres for under $10 and NATO straps as low as $1. If you like the watch it is totally worth it. The other watch I have no idea about but I would try taking it to the place it's been serviced at and ask them to get it right or give you your money back.

Good luck.

6. troutster52

troutster52 Loaded Pockets

I no longer have them. A forum member was happy to take them off my hands. Thanks team!

landwire likes this.
  7. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I was indeed quite happy to take them. I needed a good tinkering project as the weather starts to turn here and these watches fits the bill perfectly.

troutster52 likes this.