1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Warm weather britches...

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by ItsHardToKnow, Jun 27, 2017.

1. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

I'd love to get some outdoors type of clothing that wasnt super baggy or full of pockets and zippers.

Ive seen the moisture wicking type of pants, but only seen them with cargo pockets or zippers etc...I just want the basic 4-pocket style of pant and NOT baggy/really loose

Anyone make a slimmer pant that will keep you relatively cool during summer months?

Would like to find similar shirts, but Ive not searched for that quite yet.

2. buck268

buck268 Loaded Pockets

Are you looking for the now fashionable skinny pants style or simply eschewing the bdu/cargo look?

I have a pair of xpg hiking pants from cabelas which are rather light and very comfy. A roomy fit, though.

3. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Kuhl, PrAna, Ex Officio, Toad and Company, Columbia, L.L. Bean

4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I'm only familiar with Scandinavian brands, but most of them use to have something similar to what your looking for.
    Look at Fjallraven, Haglofs, Lundhags, Bergans and Norrona. Not sure you'll find all their stuff domestically though.

Found these through a quick search, maybe not the lightest or quickest drying, but light and comfy:
    https://www.fjallraven.com/high-coast-trousers

I just bought these, which are very light and quick drying:
    http://www.haglofs.com/no/en/Pants/CHALK-PANT-MEN/p/602808.2AT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

For casual weekend wear, I've been wearing Men's Horizon Guide Chino Pants from Eddie Bauer. They're light, allow a breeze, dry quickly, fit really well, are stretchy and aren't full of ridiculous pockets. My khaki pair are my favorite pair of pants. They mate well with casual shoes, hiking shoes, and tennis shoes. I think the chino cut is more relaxed, but they make a jean cut as well.

I don't really wear shorts, and these have been the solution for warm, humid wear for me. Jeans don't work. Slacks and khakis are often inconvenient on weekends (plus I wear slacks all week), and random cargo and tactical pants are heavy and not the look I want to go for, trail pants are often too floppy or ridiculous for urban wear. I do have some Kuhl Renegade Stealth pants that fit well and aren't too baggy if you would like a recommendation for light cargo pants.

dml24 likes this.
  6. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

I dont want a skinny pant, but a slim pant. I hate baggy pants, looks super sloppy.
    Dont want cargos either - dont use them, dont need the wasted material and bulk

Thanks for all links, I'll browse around in a bit!

7. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

I recently purchased a pair of 5.11 Apex pants. They're surprisingly light, stretchable & breathable, but have zippered cargo pockets.
    Check out the 5.11 Ridgeline or the Fast-Tac Urban. Both awesome pants.

8. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Eddie Bauer has great merchandise but the worst customer service on the planet.

9. BklynBoy

BklynBoy Loaded Pockets

i really like the Rail Riders brand. Most have lots of pockets, but they also make a pant and shorts without all the pockets

10. ArkansasFan30

Really? I've never found that to be the case, and almost all my regular clothes come from there.

I'd say the worst thing about them is their zippers.

Shike likes this.
  11. quietconundrum
    • In Omnia Paratus

quietconundrum EDC Junkie

Give Kavu (out of WA state) a look. Sounds like they'd be a great solution for your needs. Kühl would be my second recommendation based on your criteria.

12. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Had a security breach at their store in the mall here, was notified by them and had to change and cancel all sorts of stuff with my bank. Eddie Bauer paid for identity theft monitoring to all of those involved, so far okay. Move ahead 3 months had another breach, this time I was notified by my bank about a problem again with Eddie Bauer. Local PD detective in charge of fraud, said it was definitely at the store since I never bought anything on line. After about a month of trying to get a response from Eddie Bauer I was sent to their IT dept where I was told that there was another security breach. I told them that I was aware and that is why I was calling. Rep asked what did I want then? I said I didn't want anything just reporting an issue and that I was skeptical about going to that store again. At this point the rep said that I could just as easily do my shopping elsewhere! I said I would L.LBean is 2 doors down. Can you believe that????? I loved the store and the merchandise but I will never buy anything from them again........Ever!

MCPOWoller likes this.
  13. ArkansasFan30

LOL. Sounds like my customer service-oriented responses. Actually, I have nothing to do with customer service...just saying. I'd have been miffed too. I also was notified of the security breach last year and am enrolled in credit / identity monitoring with Kroll. No problems so far, but then that's not the first nor last time my information will be breached. I'm sure it's actually been breached many times without me or anyone else, except the penetration hooligans, knowing about it. When I worked for the state, the state was even cr/hacked with a loss of personal information back in 2008.

I've never bought any LL Bean stuff although I used to receive the catalog. I like their wares but never partook. Maybe I should.

Shike likes this.
  14. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

Again. Here comes my weird answer. Have you ever looked into chambray pants, by chance? It's an EXTREMELY lightweight fabric with a really cool look to it. There are many companies that make these pants and they look awesome!! Levi's makes a good utilitarian-style pant, whereas J-Crew and other companies make dressier options. I would take a look! Good luck on finding the right pair :)

Shike likes this.
  15. GeezerButler

GeezerButler Empty Pockets

I use Outdoor Research Voodoo and Ferrosi pants most of the year for day to day activities including most outdoor activities. They make shirts in the same line as well. I get them when they are on sale. Both of these pants are synthetic, so minimal swamp crotch, don't have a bunch of pockets, are made with a thinner, stretchy material. The Voodoo pants are a trimmer fit than the Ferrosi, but both work well in the heat, especially when it gets to be 110+.

Last edited by GeezerButler, Jul 21, 2017
    #15 GeezerButler, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  16. Z2KCT

Z2KCT Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing the PrAna brion pants.

17. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Microfiber workout pants.

Microfiber shirts.

Last edited by baccar-3, Jul 31, 2017
    #18 baccar-3, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017