1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

War Belt

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by MarineLEO, Oct 1, 2019.

1. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

War Belt/Battle Belt whatever you prefer to call it I’m looking for something specific. My EDC belt is usually a cobra buckle belt or the emissary belt Garand thumb made with Alonso defense. I love both and have been just weaving my gear on the belt but its a pain to do every mission. So I’m looking for a war belt that goes over the belt Ive seen them before where they attach right over the belt with clips or wrap around with Velcro. I don’t like the belts that have an under belt that is Velcro then attach to the outer belt as our SOP doesn’t allow those kids of belts. Or normal EDC belt must have a buckle (stupid but nothing I can do about that lol). I mean I could take that belt off and swap to one of those before the mission but at that point I might as well keep threading the belt I have. So what I’m looking for probably doesn’t exist but this is definitely the place to ask. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. dorebow

dorebow Loaded Pockets

US Army pistol belt.

[​IMG]

Or this:

#2 dorebow, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Nick4305 likes this.
  3. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

I recently bought HSGI's Slim Grip belt and I've run it in several classes. So far so good -- it's better than what I was using (which was wearing a very stiff gun belt and threading everything onto my pants). If I were doing it over again I might have been happier with their Sure Grip belt, which is wider.

4. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

I like that video dorebow. Chaosmagnet I do the same thing with a stiff belt it works great but it is a pain. Unless I leave the belt threaded on several pairs of pants. Not a problem on a FOB because washing your pants doesn’t happen often. However that requires me to buy several belts and pouches, which is expensive. So how wide is the HSGI belt you got vs the one you think would have been better?

5. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

HSGI’s specs have the Sure Grip at 4.5”, with the Slim Grip I have at 3”.

I’ve never served in the military or in law enforcement — I bring that up because what works for me in the context of giving and receiving firearms instruction as a civilian may not work for you.

6. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

No I absolutely appreciate your feedback! Would you mind explaining why you think the wider Sure Grip would be better than the Slim Grip? Is it a distribution of weight thing or comfort?
    Again thank you for your input!

chaosmagnet likes this.
  7. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Exactly. If I spend a day running around with a rifle, I really start to feel it in my low back, albeit much less than with my previous setup. I’m wondering if the taller belt would alleviate that to some degree.

8. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Loaded Pockets

There's a reason why we are issued load bearing gear. The HSGI works well but without suspenders it will suffer with a military basic load out. I'd also be surprised if your CoC would let you run non TO&E equipment. Off duty it makes a great battle belt for gaming or a bump in the night accessory.

kikaida and chaosmagnet like this.
  9. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

#Syntaxerrorsix well I have a lot of leeway with running equipment in my unit, and lets just leave it at that . Sorry I should have been more specific what it will have on the belt. First it wont have a full combat load out, it will primarily have 2-3 single stack pistol mags, one M4 mag for quick reload, my blue force micro trauma kit, the blue force Marco because I hate hate hate staging normal chem sticks so this thing is a god send now that they offer IR and normal chem sticks, and finally my pistol holster which is a Safariland mid ride als. That’s what I have been threading through a standard cobra belt or my emissary gun belt. I don’t use suspenders in my current set up if I went the war belt direction would I need to start wearing them?
    Also I don’t use a dump pouch like many of my colleagues and I’m on the fence about using/getting one so that may or may not be added. If y’all have any input on dump pouches I wouldn’t mind the advise. My friends are a bunch of type A :censored: hats so the advice is not so much advise as it is this is how i do it and its the only way to do it right. A caveat to that is I’m pretty much the same but I will readily take someones advice to see if it makes me better.

10. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Loaded Pockets

If you are accountable for the gear you need a dump pouch. If you reload when you are supposed to you need a dump pouch so you aren't leaving ammo on the ground as it could be useful in the future and it sure beats fumbling around trying to re-stow it in a pouch. You don't need suspenders with a light load out and the HSGI belt.

11. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Keeping in mind that I’ve never been law enforcement or military, I moved my trauma gear from my cargo pocket to my belt, so I use cargo pockets for dump pouches. That works well for me. Besides that, my pistol, and magazines for pistol and rifle, I have my Leatherman MUT and a small fixed blade knife. So far, all I’ve needed the knife for was cutting a sandwich, but it was a really good sandwich :smug:. The MUT gets constant use.

12. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

When I was a Marine I was accountable for everything haha. Now I’m a Special Reconnaissance airmen formerly known as Special Operations Weather Team airmen. I don’t get crapped on for gear or hand me down or busted crap. Everything we are given is top of the line Crye precision or arcteryx and our uniform allowance is much more than what I got in the corps. So thats why I’m trying to find a better system. As to why I don’t use a dump pouch I actually reindex my mags back in the pouch so I know that I have ammo but not a full mag. Ive always been afraid of grabbing an empty mag from the dump pouch that I used to use in the corps. My mag pouches are the kiwis by estate so they have a retention piece inside that holds the mag and keeps the mag pouch open so easy to reindex. I think I may get a small one to drop other stuff in there or maybe even drop empty mags in. Ive just been trying to learn a lighter carry method (unlike my Marine days lol) but still have a proper load out.

13. MarineLEO

MarineLEO Loaded Pockets

Also I love you guys so thank you for all your advice. I truly love this community!

chaosmagnet likes this.