1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Want/"Need" Bright AAA Flashlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by veriest1, Jul 8, 2016.

1. veriest1

veriest1 Loaded Pockets

I had a Streamlight penlight for a while. It was tough but no where near the amount of light output I need.

The AA Zebralight "headlamp" I ended up getting has become my constant companion. I can't see carrying much of anything else now. I have a lot of AA batteries to burn through but I'm giong to get some 14500 batteries for it the next time I buy batteries.

I keep a paracord headband and a length of velcro from one of those cord organizer things in my pocket organizer while I'm at work but I haven't had to use it as a headlamp yet (like was mentioned earlier in this thread). So far all my tasks have been completed by clipping it to my shirt or belt. I've done a few short walks at night and haven't needed the headlamp strap yet so a spare clip and battery might be all I end up packing for it in the future.

In short the angled light is the most handy thing I've found in a while and if I wanted a backup light to go with it I'd probably just buy a second one. My other lights are slowly finding new homes.

2. veriest1

veriest1 Loaded Pockets

davidt1 likes this.
  3. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

The pointed end of the clip is sharp and can cut holes in the pocket. My pocket got chewed up badly. I had to cut the top of the clip off. Now no more torn pocket. Also this type of clip can pop out under pressure. One person had reported losing his light this way. I carry my H52 suspended inside the pocket.

H52 next to another AA angle light, the Armytek Tiara. The H52 is noticeably smaller. Picture is borrowed from some German review website.
    [​IMG]

veriest1 likes this.
  4. veriest1

veriest1 Loaded Pockets

I carry it hanging inside my pocket as well. If the clip pops off it'll just fall into my pocket.

If I'm actually using it I'm not to worried about it falling off and me not noticing.

I may touch my clip up with a file though. It is a little sharp.