1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Walther PK380

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by radir68, Jun 4, 2016.

1. radir68

radir68 Empty Pockets

The wife is ready to move up to a centerfire pistol. She has a Ruger SR22 now. The Walther PK380 is very similar in looks, size and weight. So I am thinking that the Walther would be an easy change for her to make. Would probably be able to use the same holster too. So anyone have one of the PK 380s ? How's it run? Any known problems?

2. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I had the opportunity to put a couple of magazines through one about a year ago; trigger was OK with the double action being not too heavy. Paddle magazine release is still something I struggle with - some people like it, some hate it, I'm kinda meh on the idea. The recoil was a bit snappy, but not bad; less than my wife's LCP. The safety SUCKS - I had a hard time reaching it, my example's was very stiff and there's no hammer drop, so you have to set the safety, put your thumb on the hammer, pull the trigger and ease it down; anyone see a potential issue here? The price was right and it felt good in my hand, but I passed.

3. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

Is this going to be a carry pistol or just something for the range?

4. Quino171

Quino171 Empty Pockets

My father in law has one. A lot of FTE issues with it. The dealer he bought it from gave him the run around. He is dealing directly with Walther now. I will keep you posted...... But it doesn't look promising.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

5. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

I really like Walther firearms. Unfortunately, not every gun with a Walther stamp is actually a Walther firearm. The Umarex guns sold under the Walther name, personally I would avoid. Stick to the guns stamped with antlers, not stamped with crowns. P99, PPQ, PPS...

More in line with the size and platform of the PK380, I would look at the Beretta 83 series and maybe the Bersa Thunder .380.