1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wallets ... What one do you have?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Squilt, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Underhill
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

Underhill Perpetually Hungry

I've got a very nice "RICO" brand leather wallet that my mother picked up for me from a garage sale a few years ago.

Inside one of the pockets there was a pay stub from 1955 belonging to a Mr. Wickey who worked at Henderson's Pontiac - Cadillac and made $120 that week, with a $2.40 old age benefit.

2. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Last edited by soli, May 27, 2012
  3. kidyouth

kidyouth Empty Pockets

use a maxped spartan that i like alot it can hold a ton of stuff and also is built real well.

4. Molly

Molly Loaded Pockets

I have two SpecOps wallets: T.H.E. WALLET and T.H.E. WALLET J.R.

[​IMG]

EDCing mostly the smaller one :)

5. pilote

pilote Loaded Pockets

just starting using a maxped spartan...it's almost perfect; i wish it was a bit shorter...

iif i'm going to wear a suit i will use either a jack spade or mark cross suit wallet...

6. Don H

Don H Empty Pockets

Black leather Police brand with orange accent stitching.

[img width=640 height=480]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4929/policewallet.jpg[/img]

7. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Just ordered myself a ViewSlimmy to try out. I've been carrying a window money clip type wallet, and want to go the next step to thin it down a bit.

8. Torpedo Vegas
    • +1 Supporter

Torpedo Vegas Loaded Pockets

i recently started using an All-Ett Sport. I really like it so far, but dont know how well the the material will hold up over time

9. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

Just got a Big Skinny because my leather wallet was wearing out at the seams. I haven't had a nylon wallet for 20 years (I know that because my daughter was 2 when she demolished it), and missed it.

I like it so far, except for the funky currency separator.

10. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

I have a $1 wallet bought at the dollar store. I like the design so much that I bought a bunch for backups. It is made out of cheap material. I figured if I would be happy if it lasted for six months. I was wrong. I have been carrying it for over a year now, and it's still going strong. My wallet is packed tightly with my core EDC items, and is used frequently because my only pen and a box cutter both of which are used often are kept there. I like to utilize every inch of space of everything I carry. The logic is this: every time you put a wallet in your pocket it takes up space regardless of the size of the wallet. Why not maximize that space with useful things?

11. Foskey

Foskey Loaded Pockets

I love my Columbia black leather wallet. Just the regular stuff in it. Aside from a challenge coin and some spare keys. It serves the purpose.

12. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I carry a Coach double billfold with removeable passcase in water buffalo calfskin. I love Coach leather and they wear extremely well.

13. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

wagner swiss wallet I love this wallet fits 6 cards and has money clip on it which fit a lot of bill more than I ever have.

14. Andromitto

Andromitto Loaded Pockets

Osgood Marley Custom bi-fold. The leather is very soft and despite hard use, being soaked, etc, it's maintained it's soft quality with no wrinkles, or damage. 45 bucks might sound a bit steep for a wallet, but I have to say it's worth every penny.

15. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

mine was aquired free from the kids club on a cruise several years ago, and have never found one to replace it. I was looking at some recently (on annother cruise ironically) and none of them seemed to do what I wanted. some where too small and lacked the space I needed, alot lacked an ID window, and those that had both space and an ID window lacked a place to keep change. manny where also too bulky (especialy the one that had 3 or 4 ID windows. never quite worked out why you needed them all....)

I suspect that when it finally falls apart, which i don't expect any time soon, its very well built for a freebie, I'm going to have a hell of a time finding a replacement.

16. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

Look at the Big Skinny line of wallets; they have some that will work, or should. :)

17. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

ooooohhhhhhh.
    thanks for the link. a couple of models look like they might be just the job. and they ship international.
    just wish I had the cash :broke:. annother link for the "gear" folder in my favorites then. the one full companies carrying shiny gear I wish I could afford.
    maybe I could persuade someone to get me one for christmass.

so that's the search for the perfect wallet probably over, just got the hunt for the perfect gearbag. god I wish countycomm shipped overseas.
    no, on second thoughts, both me and my bank account agree that countycomm shipping overseas would be a really bad thing. :lolhammer:

18. chickeneye

chickeneye Loaded Pockets

i use a gucci wallet i got as a present to myself while in rome. its actually very durable, had it for over a year and a half and it shows no signs of wear.

highly considering switching to some kind of money clip system though

19. adimag

adimag Loaded Pockets

I have finally given up on traditional wallets. After years of carrying Coach, T.H.E Wallet Jr., and Fossil wallets, I have come to the realization that they are all too large and I end up carrting way too much extra junk. After a long search, I ended up getting the Wenger Avion Card Case. It is perfect for my needs and I will never go back to a traditional wallet.

20. Pheonix886

Pheonix886 Loaded Pockets

A stafford that's no longer in production ... it was called a "credit card billard" or somethin.

I take out the credit card pocket thing, and the wallet becomes super super slim. I can still store money, keys, credit cards, ID in it, and put it in the back pocket of my jeans. I can't even feel it when I sit or move.

Cost me like 15 bucks, best deal I've gotten on a piece of leather.