1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by bakpackr, Apr 8, 2017.

1. bakpackr

bakpackr Loaded Pockets

It's time to get a new wallet and was looking for ideas. I carry 10 or so cards and some cash, anybody have something they like? Trayvax? Trying to avoid the front pocket as one houses knife and keys and the other has a Neomag spare mag holder.

2. aldo_vic_t

aldo_vic_t Loaded Pockets

I have the Axis, my first Trayvax, it rocks! Also just got the Summit, still waiting for the availability of an Armor Plate or Comb to pair it with. Before these i had a Pacsafe Bifold RFID Nylon Wallet which had to be retired. I also got a Magpul Dakka, bit it can only hold 5-7 cards only, i carry the Axis and Dakka as my EDC Wallets.

3. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

I carry a Walter wallet and it works great for me

4. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Depends on what you carry, what size bills (if any), whether you want to fold cash or not. Have a preference for leather, metal, CF, etc? There are tons of options out there. In the last few years I keep slimming down my wallet/carry.

I used to have the normal leather trifold, then a bifold, used an old cigarrette case as a wallet for a time. Then I found a really nice (long discontinued) Tumi leather bifold that was very slim and had one external card pocket. One of my favorites until I wore it out. Tried a few other slim leather wallets but nothing was as good as the Tumi. For about a year I used an Alpine Swiss card holder with cash strap, which was ok. I eventually got tired of fiddling with the $ and since have gone back to a bi-fold.

Which would be the Flowfold Vanguard I picked up in early December and so far I really like it, as soon as one of my good friends saw it he immediately ordered one. I carry it with a Zebra SL-F1 pen clipped in the center, inside the cash pocket. Granted at this time I only carry 5-6 cards so YMMV.

I also had an Allett Slim Sport Leather RFID wallet, but I didn't like it once I actually had it in hand. I've also ordered a few test wallets, one which is nothing but some elastic stitched together to hold cards, another is a wide silicone band and lastly one which is a china copy of a ridge wallet (before buying an actual ridge wallet).

5. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

I have been using flowfold vanguard also. I love it. Its super thin. My favorite thing is the card layout. I have had problems with cards cracking in wallets in the past. The layout of the flowfold is such that I have had no problems.

6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Not surprised. Tumi products are hard to beat! There's a reason so many 'Road Warriors' like Tumi luggage etc.; and its NOT just for 'prestige'!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

7. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Very true. High quality.

I pop in their store every 6 months to a year and browse to see if they've come up with something equivalent to what I had. No dice so far, in 10+ years or so of trying but I keep hoping...

8. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Easy Money Working Wallet by Steve DeSpain over at Firebox Stove
    [​IMG]

That Movie Guy likes this.
  9. sewer_rat

sewer_rat Loaded Pockets

One note about Trayvax. Specifically, the Element which I've found destroys the chips on my cards if I slide them in with the chip behind the snap. Between snapping, unsnapping and friction against the snap I'm finding they ruin the chips over time.

D56 likes this.