1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wallet Review: Maxpedition CMC Wallet

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by anonimouse, Dec 7, 2012.

?

It's my first gear review, please rate honestly!

1. GREAT!

22 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bad!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. anonimouse

anonimouse Loaded Pockets

Hi guys! This is my review of the Maxpedition CMC wallet. I decided to get this wallet because it came to me one day that I had to carry a few more "survival"/ basic things with me all the time, and that thing I have with me all the time is my wallet. I switched from a leather wallet into a nylon wallet because I believed it was sturdier, and well, bigger. After a few days of researching, I was deciding on getting either a Maxpedition CMC wallet or the SpecOps T.H.E JR. wallet. To be honest, I really wanted the SpecOps wallet but I was unable to find a store that sells in in the Philippines, so I ended up getting a Maxpedition CMC.

First impressions:

[​IMG]

Well, when I was reading reviews, I heard that it was quite a big wallet, so I decided to go to the store and try if it would fit my back pocket before I get it. To my joy, it was sized just right. I settled for the Khaki color, because the store I bought it from only had Khaki and The OD Green in stock (I initially wanted black), but nevertheless, this color was just fine. Another thing that turned me off from the start was it's velcro closure. I don't like the velcro closure for two main reasons, namely it's noisy whenever you open it, which it bad because people will know that you are opening a wallet, and secondly, from past experiences with velcro, it tends to wear off over time. But I've read reviews that say that the velcro on this wallet, or by Maxpedition in general is a high-quality type that will last ages.

Organization:

As you all can see from the advertisement of the wallet pockets, it has 3 slots for cards in the middle (inside). These card slots can easily fit 2 cards each and tightly fit 3 cards if you plan to fill it up to the max. Behind that area is another space for cards and whatnot's. in the right flap (inside) there are 3 slots for memory cards made from high-quality garter material. It has 2 different sizes. The top and the bottom are similarly sized, while the middle one is slightly wider. Under memory card area is another zippered pocket. It isn't as spacious as the outside zippered pouch. Again, under that zippered pouch, is another slot for cards and whatnot's.

[​IMG]

For the bills area, it isn't your traditional way of opening it. Imagine a rectangle. Usually, in regular wallets the way the bills area opens up is because of a slit/opening on the top (length) side of the rectangle, but in this wallet, the left side (height) and the top (length) is removed which makes it easier to go about your bills. behind this area is another compartment which you can use to separate the bills from receipts, cheques, or other similar sized paper. It only opens from the left though.

[​IMG]

As you can see my setup is, I have 3 cards in the main card compartments, mainly my license, creditcard, and another card. The slot behind that houses my Tool Logic Survival Tool Card. I use two of the three memory card holders for guitar picks. One regular sized pick, and one big (bass) pick. In the zippered compartment I put my spare car keys and other small knickknacks like ID pictures. I've also added a cardfolio/ picture holder that I bought in a bookstore around my area. I based this kit somewhat on a video I found on YouTube by MeZillch (). I don't carry as much as he does, and I dont even use every slot in my card holder.

[​IMG]

Card holder contents:

2 Cards
    3 Ft duct tape
    A good amount of aluminum foil
    3 band-aids
    3 paper clips
    2 safety pins
    1 Folded plastic bag
    Pictures

My plastic picture/card holder has 2 flaps which I used to slip through the back pockets so that I could attach it to the wallet.

Besides that, I put bills where it should be. It's a nice deep space so that the bills wont show outside. and I use the outside pocket for loose change.

Here's the size of my wallet closed when it's all filled up. Using a Quarter for comparison purposes. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall:

It's a great wallet in my opinion, feels rugged, and it feels like it'd last me years with abusive usage.
    I forgot to mention, that I've been carrying this only for almost a week. I think I'd find better ways of maximizing it's organizational features and at the same time make it a better EDC gear. Though I still don't really like the velcro, I can still appreciate it because I know that my money will not fall off. Another note, the outside zipper compartment isn't as big as you might expect it when the wallets are filled, in my case, really filled up, but it's enough to store the right amount of loose change. And one last note, to open it properly, you have to position the flap with the velcro on the left, so that when you open it (using left hand), it will open in the correct orientation.. That's another thing I have to get used to. It turned me off in the start, but after a few days, I've gotten used to it already!

[​IMG]

That's about it for now. I think I'll just update this post whenever I find out something new or when I have more to say!

rodia77, dml24, T.H.Cone and 6 others like this.
  2. derfyled

derfyled Loaded Pockets

Nicely made review ! Good pictures, great comments, nice first one!

anonimouse likes this.
  3. eddiejester

eddiejester Loaded Pockets

Excellent review, this was really helpful. I have the Maxpedition Micro Wallet and now I'll be purchasing this one too. Thanks.

4. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

Wow, that's a ton of stuff to carry around.

5. jdiebjr

jdiebjr Loaded Pockets

Great informative review. Thanks!

6. WichitaJLJ
    • In Omnia Paratus

WichitaJLJ Loaded Pockets

Good job and great info!

7. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

That's a nice well done review. Thanks for taking the time. It's a bit much for me as I'm going minimalist with my wallet and consigning the rest of my EDC to my pouch.

8. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Great review! Bravo !
    Made me want to buy one of those...
    but at the moment i tihink that i have to stop on my Civilian Lab IWallet (that's similar to this).
    Thanks.
    Nick

9. anonimouse

anonimouse Loaded Pockets

Hi guys! I will post a comparison of this wallet and the Spec-Ops THE Jr wallet.

I just got the THE Wallet Jr now, and First impressions, I'm not liking it. Im transferring all my things from my Maxpedition CMC wallet to the new wallet and it seems to be difficult so put it all in. The maxpedition just seemed to eat all the things easily, and I can't seem to get most of my things in the wallet and the THE Jr already seems bulky. I dont know. As of now, I am disappointed. But I'll have to test it I guess. Maybe it's just a sign to carry less in the wallet. I don't know. More details to come after I test this. See you around!

10. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Well, at least there were no purple unicorns. Nice job. Anonimouse.

BarksAtCats likes this.
  11. JustaGhost

JustaGhost Loaded Pockets

12. Redneck Bear

Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

Im just curious if anybody could tell me - could this wallet fit inside the Maxp M-1 compartment, please? :)