1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wagner Ti knife

Discussion in 'Knives' started by epicelite, Mar 22, 2011.

1. jeepdude_1

jeepdude_1 Loaded Pockets

cool knife...

2. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

It's not a Wagner nor a Wegner. The company is called WENGER.

While they are my favorite SAK manufacturer, this one is terrible. Hope they make it with a normal style knife.

3. thenextarcher

thenextarcher Loaded Pockets

idk what to really think about it...

4. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

Interesting idea, but the blade looks horrible for slicing. The blade looks to uniformly thick. It's pretty expensive too...

5. Evilbunny

Evilbunny Loaded Pockets

its not for slicing its for cutting rope and the thickness is so it can turn bolts

6. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

I understand that it's thicker for more strength, but I would imagine that the edge has reduce cutting power due to the blade thickness. Obviously, climbers won't do much slicer, but thiner edge means more cutting power. Anyway, I think it's a nifty design, but not for me. I like laser edges. ;D

7. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

Wenger is my favorite too, I like their bold designs. Anyone else notice the screw on the blade?

8. hest

hest Loaded Pockets

Well if you consider what purpose it's made for, it's quite an awesome knife. Ueli Steck is mainly an alpine ice climber, so he has to tighten and sharpen his ice tools, maintain crampons, and efficiently trim pieces of rope, cordage or slings frozen solid. The ability to open canned food doesn't hurt either, and the bottle opener, oh well, what's a man without a bottle opener. Of course it should be super light but also tough. Wenger did a pretty good job here, only that it's clearly a specialty tool, or let's say EDC for only a few particular people in this world.

9. Jean

Jean Loaded Pockets

Not sold on the knife -- but I do like the sheath.

I would be more interested #1 if I wasn't too old and stiff to climb anymore and #2 if the main "blade" wasn't a blade - and the can opener was a short, partially serrated sheepsfoot or wharncliffe. ( I am also assuming that the main "blade" locks - so you can torque the nuts. If not, meh.)

10. hest

hest Loaded Pockets

Indeed, that's a good point. If it doesn't lock, goodbye fingers. Has anyone handled the knife yet?

11. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

The advertisement is very unclear in the knife line's various composites. I believe the blade and tools are stainless steel ... and the support frame is titanium.

Also, any savvy knife handler would look at that line of knives and the first thing they'd be looking for in the description is to see if the blade locks (as some of you have already noticed). The advertisement should mention the locking status because as it stands, this knife would be stupid as hell if it didn't.

12. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

It does lock via liner lock, you can either unlock it like a normal liner lock or push on the shield like the Rangers.

13. Gvdocholiday

Gvdocholiday Loaded Pockets

Would be a fan if the blade was standard. Fan of the bit driver. That's new for Wenger.

14. enki_ck

enki_ck Loaded Pockets

Wenger tends to be the more inovative of the two original swiss army knife manufacturers. That's why I like them so much. Their scissors, the locking blade, the locking screwdriver/bottle opener,... Always apealed to me more then victorinox knives. This bit slot would be a great addicion to the wenger standard issue.

Sent via Tapatalk, sorry for the spelling.