1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Voodoo tactical gear bags

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Ralph B, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Ralph B

Ralph B Loaded Pockets

Does anybody have anything to say about Voodoo Tactical gear? Lookng to get a new EDC bag and was wondering why so cheep compared to Maxpedition gear.

2. LukeK

LukeK Loaded Pockets

I was seriously considering the matrix until i read some reviews and saw some you tube vids on quality of stitching.

I went with 5.11 rush 24

ATF628 likes this.
  3. CanvasNBrass

CanvasNBrass Loaded Pockets

Their quality is fairly bad. At least is was when I had their knock off the Maxpedition Proteus. The stitching was not tied off anywhere. It basically fell apart over a weeks time.

ATF628 likes this.
  4. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Junk, just like condor and others. A decent bag is an investment in reliability and longevity. I have seen folks I work with try to use some junk bags in real life, no -----! events, I have tried to persuade and suggest that good stuff pays for itself. I have seen these folks with 30 dollar knock offs of camelback packs, Kelty's, Blackhawks, etc. expecting them to perform to a high level. I have seen these knock offs rip all along the zippers, straps break under loads dumping critical contents on the ground. It's really frustrating sometimes watching people throw money away and not listening to experience. This is true of any "tool" buy junk and you will continue to replace it with other junk until you get smart. By then you could have saved your hard earned money and bought decent stuff in the first place. True story. Still humping an original 3 day blackhawk that was made for me 18 years ago when Mike Noell was making stuff in his garage. It's a forest green color, no molle ( not invented at the time) still kicking, has been to the middle east 4 times, carried daily, dirty, but no torn areas, zips work. It was a one hundred dollar bag at the time. Fabricated and shipped to me direct while at EOD school. Junk bags, failing on a predictable basis of two per year over the last 18 years @ 30.00 a pop.......

5. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I got the enlarged 3 way deployment bag and it is solid. Uniform stitching and rugged materials. Works perfectly and keeps up with me. I expect it to last just as long as my Maxpedition gear.

6. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I don't think Voodoo's items are too bad. I carried the Level III Assault one into the field for SAR work for over a year and held up fantastically. Mind you, this is on rough terrain, which also involved coming down spurs, crossing rivers, climbing, etc... It also doubled as my camping and hiking pack year-round.

If you take a look at this thread, you'll find why I switched to the MaxPed Falcon II (strictly due to aesthetic purposes ;)).

I did notice that when I swapped out my older one for the newer one to sell to a friend, the material was different. It felt a lot better than the older version. :)

7. Ralph B

Ralph B Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all you input. Just came back from a quick road trip with the family to see some friends from Cali in at the Outer Banks. My wants for a new bag may just wait a bit. I pulled out an old North Face messenger bag that I have had for about 4 years and stuffed it to the brim with my gear, toys for the kids, snacks and oh yes, diapers for the little man. Guess you got to look at what you got and make it work.

defuse kit likes this.