1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Video Review, Nakamura 484 from: Benchmade

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Koyzumie, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Koyzumie

Koyzumie Empty Pockets

got myself a 484 Nakamura from benchmade, decided to do a little video review of it, thought you guys might be interested. feedback is more than welcome,

for those of you who have the knife what are your thoughts on it? do you use it a lot? how has it held up?

Fire Fighter likes this.
  2. Endless Fugue

Endless Fugue Loaded Pockets

I love this knife. I have the 484-1. The ergonomics are perfect for me (I have smaller hands) but some of my friends with larger hands found it not as comfortable. So maybe be aware of that. One 'feature' I love is the thumb ramp. On the front the jimping is nice as expected, but the back of the ramp also makes a nice finger placement for more detailed work. Very comfortable.

I have never had the knife open when removing from my jeans, but I could see that happening. Maybe turn the knife a little when you remove it as annoying as it might be to learn new muscle memory. I also have no problems opening or closing the knife using the axis lock (again maybe a small hand thing?)

I would agree it's maybe not the best value, but I love the design. I fell in love with the carbon fiber and blue detailing on the 484-1. I could have got those features on a 940-1 but I already had a 940, so I went with something different.

Overall I love the knife. I don't worry about value as much as some (though Much more than others here lol, stay in your lane people) otherwise I would just carry my Mora everywhere. I have a lot of knives to rotate, but this one makes it in the pocket 2-3 per week. It has never failed me and has held up great. Then again I have never had a knife fail me or not hold up great as any price range. Only knives I've had break have been to abuse.