1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Victorinx Spirit Plus Tips/tricks and Mods

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Pydpiper, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Pydpiper

Pydpiper Empty Pockets

It wasn't easy finding something on this tool or it's components that were in need of change, but I did manage to find something.
    My reason for choosing the Spirit plus out of all the options out there was the additional tool kit, in the small amount of time I have owned this tool I have been saved many times by having the right bit for every occasion.
    I find myself constantly scanning the world for fasteners that I don't have a tool for, and when I find a screw head that I don't have a bit for I go buy one.
    The first thing I noticed with the tool kit is that it was a snug fit right from new to get into the sheath, Victorinox does not make their own bits, so they use the generic 1/4 bits you can find anywhere.
    I took each bit to the grinder and shaved .20" (give or take) off each one, this made the tool kit slide effortlessly into the sheath. Here is before and after:

[​IMG]

This as absolutely no effect on the use of the tool, they still lock positively into place and remain there while working.
    Here is the difference in size, the Security torx bit in the middle is original size, the rest have been shaved.

[​IMG]

I use the bits a lot, more than I actually thought I would, having the diversity of so many options is a pretty valuable tool. Along with the factory bit holder I also have an additional kit that holds 10 more bits, and counting. I have yet to find a screw that I don't have the ability to remove, tighten or replace.
    It also helps to be able to access them quickly, with no interference from the sheath.

Total cost of mod.. Big fat $0.:)

2. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Great Idea! O0

todd