1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Victorinox Swisstool sheath mod?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Rainy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Since i bought my Swisstool (thanks to these forums) ive been loving the tool but hating the velcro on the pouch. Im pretty sure ive seen others with the same issue.

Now, the pouch in itself is quite nice, and i cant afford a Skinth right now, so im looking for some clever way to remove the velcro and replace it with a button or something else. Obviously i wouldnt want to damage the leather sheath while doing this. Has anyone tried modding this sheath in this way?

I also have a leftover nylon strap and a side release buckle from a backpack that ive considered stitching onto it, but that would hide the Victorinox emblem.

2. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

To help me illustrate how ive imagined this might look, ive used some rubberbands and taken som photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Si_K
    • In Omnia Paratus

Si_K Loaded Pockets

If you don't want to damage the sheath you could sew some velcro onto your webbing strap and use that to attach it to the vic sheath, then just use the SRB to release the flap.

SAKplumber likes this.
  4. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

But id still have to sew the bottom webbing and half of the srb to the leathersheath.

Is there some other way than sewing (perhaps glue?) to make the webbing stick? It would have to stick real good ofcourse.

5. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Im gonna go ahead and bump this abit. I have never sewed anything proper before, and atleast not leather. Im sure there are others around that have though, and who might have some tips as to how to go about this? :)

6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I would say remove the underside velcro (not the velcro on the flap) and handsew a peice of velcro to the strap, so that it sticks to the flap(where you have the rubber band holding it.
    Then hand sew the bottom strap to the bottom of the Vic sheath. Maybe you could get a grommet set with a punch from a leather shop? That'd do, I bet. As long as you don't have more than the leather and one layer of webbing.

Rainy likes this.