1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Victorinox Swisstool RS vs. Spirit

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by ThreeWulfMoon, Mar 2, 2016.

1. ThreeWulfMoon

ThreeWulfMoon Loaded Pockets

I've recently had the itch to add to my EDC rotation. My current MT is a Spirit X and I am very satisfied with it. I'm thinking about adding a Swisstool RS to my rotation on days when I need a slightly beefier tool. Does anyone have both and wish to speak to the differences? I currently have a Skinth Shield M for my Spirit, so would it fit or do I need to upgrade there as well? I'm mainly looking to add to my collection, but if there's not a ton of difference in the utility (particularly in the pliers), I might just put the money toward a new EDC firearm. I look forward to your feedback.

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I got the big boy first because it was sold before the X was even a glimmer in the eye of the Swiss.

Since getting the X I rarely carry the Big one but it is every bit as nice as the X but just more Beastly!
    Actually the handles are not as comfortable to me as they are just straight slabs and the edges are less smooth or contoured too.

Clearly you should have both though,what a silly question?

3. steveje

steveje Loaded Pockets

I have both the Swisstool RS and the Spirit X... I will agree with everything EZdog said...once I got the Spirit I put the RS away and haven't carried it at all...

4. leigh_ratcliffe

leigh_ratcliffe Loaded Pockets

The RS is my work tool. Some people say that it is too heavy for belt carry. I disagree.

The Spirit is the definitive E.D.C. multitool.