1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Victorinox Spirit vs Victorinox SwissTool (opinions wanted!)

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by leatherman123, May 28, 2010.

1. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

Hey guys, I was wondering, what do you prefer the smaller Spirit tool or the heavy duty SwissTool?

For me, I think the Spirit is an improved SwissTool. This is because first off, it's lighter. I have no problem carrying around a SwissTool but the Spirit is unnoticeable on the belt. Next, the lockup on the Spirit is dead tight. On the SwissTools (I have had over 30 pass through my hands) they all had up and down play when you have an implement locked. There's nothing on the Spirit, no up/down or side/side movement at all! Next, the pliers are more needle nosed. This is good from a utilitarian standpoint as they are more versatile and they are still stronger then more needle nose pliers (ala LM Charge) for any kind of twisting of the pliers. Next, the tool is a lot more comfortable and contoured then the SwissTool.

What do you think? SwissTool or Spirit and why

2. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

For me, who carries a dedicated folder everyday, the Spirit. Theoretically that is. It's only blade is a sheepsfoot, wavily serrated edge. But I prefer the Swisstool. I have often thought to add skateboard tape but in my usage, workgloves are more appropriate, easier and more comfortable. This having been said, I don't EDC a multitool. They do however, accompany me everywhere in my EDC BOB. (Along with the Spyderench.)
    If it was for EDC, the Spirit would win hands down.
    Edit: I still periodically try adding to my already overloaded "Batbelt" cuz man(!), it's form and function is really impressive. And quite a sight for sore eyes to boot! But I always end up scaling back down.