1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Victorinox scissors - what did you use them for today?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Redneck Bear, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Redneck Bear

Redneck Bear Loaded Pockets

I'm EDCing a Vic Huntsman for say two years but I would like to have a knife with less layers. As I require a woodsaw the scissors are my option for removal. But every time I decide I start EDCing my backup Camper I have to do something the scissors are the best tool for. So, I can't decide ...

Anyway, I wanted to see what use for the scissors you found so I can stop thinking about abandoning them ... :D

2. bfitz

bfitz Loaded Pockets

I used them to cut wrapping paper for a present for this weekend. I can't carry a knife without a set of scissors, I find them to useful.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  3. Hangman
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hangman Loaded Pockets

Why not put a Classic on your key chain (Alox is really good for key chains) and get a Farmer for your pocket. Sure the scissors are smaller but you would still find them useful and the Alox is slimmer to begin with than regular models.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  4. IHateBottleOpeners

IHateBottleOpeners EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'd go with scissors over wood saw, except if the saw is 111mm or bigger.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  5. 313

313 Uber Prepared

Victorinox Farmer + Leatherman Style CS is a great combo. You get the SAK with a saw and the awl in a slim alox package, and the Style provides a small blade and big, stout scissors. The Style's also really easy to remove from the keychain or to attach practically anywhere.

I use scissors on my tools everyday to trim facial hair and to, well, cut stuff. Mostly zip ties and plastic packaging.

Redneck Bear likes this.
  6. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Scissors are FAR and away the most used item on my person. I probably use my scissors 10x per day on average. I generally carry the tiny Classic in my pocket and regularly need to deploy the scissors for something or other. The LM Micra is an alternate to my Classic (I've always got one or the other). I just can't say enough about how handy a small pair of scissors are!

Redneck Bear likes this.
  7. Dingle1911

Dingle1911 Loaded Pockets

I use the scissors on my Rambler all the time. They are great for precise trimming and for cutting things in environments where I cannot use a knife.

Redneck Bear likes this.