1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Vic Spirit carry options?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Drobax, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Drobax

Drobax Loaded Pockets

To all you Vic Spirit carriers (or to all you other larger-no-clip-multi-tool carriers),

I'd like to hear how you are "pocket" carrying a larger multi specifically the Spirit model. I'm not a fan of things on the belt and I have seen how a few have modified a clip but that's just not something I'll atempt. I may consider a belt holster but just not in the brown leather like the one that comes with it. Possibly a black nylon and maybe even horizontal belt carry? Any suggestions?

I love this tool but I can't find just the right way to carry it daily. And there really isn't a lanyard attachment. I really wish they'd add a clip or even as an option. And I've seen those stick on clips that they use for hand-guns and they just don't look right.

Anyway, and advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading....

2. millhouse

millhouse Loaded Pockets

I'm not a fan of the original sheath that comes with the Spirit. I have 2 Spirit X's, and they both reside in Leatherman Wave sheaths. One leather, one nylon.

3. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

In high school when I first purchased my Leatherman Wave, I carried it in my pocket. I never thought anything of it. Then, I carried it in a sheath which was clipped to the inside of my pocket. Eventually, I simply went to belt carry. I can certainly understand not wanting to carry something there, but it worked well for me.

There are a few methods of adding a clip to the Spirit. Some people will drill, screw, and otherwise machine a clip onto the Spirit. There is another system called ClipDraw which allows a clip to be attached via a strong glue tape.

4. DaveK67

DaveK67 Loaded Pockets

I've not tried the Clipdraw, but people certainly seem to rave about it - it looks like a great solution for the spirit.

A pocket clip is an essential an a multitool for me now. Even though I usually carry mine in a bag, I still want to be able to clip it during breaks in prolonged use etc.

5. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

My cargo pants have subpockets in the cargo pockets that are just the right size for multitools, so I keep my Spirit in one of them. It doesn't fall out if I keep the main pocket flap buttoned up. You could sew a similar extra pocket for it inside your regular pockets. But yes, it would still be nice if the Spirit had a pocket clip.

6. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

I threw the original sheaths over my left shoulder . I made a Dangler sheath with a paracord beltloop . It can be dangled in the back pocket , or carried horizontally or vertically with the paracord beltloop .

Chris

7. Drobax

Drobax Loaded Pockets

Thanks everyone for the input...

Chris, how do you attach the loop lanyard to the Spirit? I mean since there isn't a lanyard hole. Would it be possible to snap a pic? I like the idea of it hanging in the pocket since I do this a lot with knives without a clip.

8. Minion

Minion Loaded Pockets

Second ^
    Show the rest of the class Chris! LOL!
    I'm up for some DIY. That is when I get my Spirit back from warranty. :mad:

9. redawg

redawg Loaded Pockets

If the Spirit had a pocket clip, it would meet my definition of multi-tool perfection. After trying the holster it came with, a Wave holster, and a few other methods, I've settled on carrying mine in my right rear pants pocket next to my wallet. If black nylon is an option, I think one is offered by Victorinox specifically for the Spirit. Proof it exists: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,740.0.html Sorry I can't help you locate one.