1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

nice. Now to find something similar from europe so the transport costs dont double the price.

2. ethernectar

ethernectar Empty Pockets

Totally different companies now for close to 10 years.

3. JT

JT Loaded Pockets

+1 on the scottevest.... I like my hoodies. If the vest's are anything like that, go for them. No tactical look whatsoever.

4. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

But great gear!!! I have two RR vests that are going on probably 5yrs of good use.

5. runamok

runamok Loaded Pockets

I have a 5.11 black and a OD green that I alternate every day to and from work during the summer. I keep my uniform at work so I just wear a t-shirt underneath it.

6. r-ice
    • In Omnia Paratus

r-ice Loaded Pockets

I wear a vest everyday with two pockets but duno the make of it and I don't have any pics. However I put loads of stuff in the pockets.

7. herman30

herman30 Loaded Pockets

Got me a swedish brand Fjällräven reporter vest, made of G-1000 fabric = 65% polyester 35% cotton.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

9. HOMELAND SECURITY HAM

HOMELAND SECURITY HAM Loaded Pockets

It would be great if someone made a perfect vest. The one that saniterra founf on sportsmans guide is neet with the zip out sleeves.

Too bad the company didn't add a thinsulate zip out lining and a hidden hood in the collar. That would be great for all seasons!

10. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

i think scottevest have something like that, or at least their evolution travel jacket have removable sleeves and hood (the latter can also hide in the collar). But i cant see any mention of it being able to take a zip-in insulation layer. Still, they are planning a new collection this fall, from what i can tell.

11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Empty Pockets

I wear a Lowepro Street & Field photography vest as an essential base for EDC when out on a shoot. Everything else hangs off that, and I put a Kata T-214 sling on my back. You can't see the Kata here, though I'm wearing it. Slides round very easily for quick access.

[​IMG]

12. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Darn, won't fit me. I'm a Small. Looks nice and price is right, though.

13. darksublime

darksublime Empty Pockets

It's not so much an EDC vest, but if you want something that carries a ton of gear and is incredibly comfortable, the Vested Interest Khumbu is quite extraordinary. I use it overseas for adventure travel, and for photography assignments. It holds virtually everything that a large camera bag will hold and more, but is SO much more comfortable. They're custom made based on your measurements and are accordingly quite expensive.

14. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

15. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

I have a closet full of vests, including those made by Carhartt, Cabela's, and 5.11.

The best EDC vests I've found so far are the Eddie Bauer Travex vests. They are made of rip stop cotton and nylon with a cotton lining. The main zipper is metal and the pockets close with metal snaps or metal zippers.

This summer has been too hot and humid for wearing most vests so I have been carrying EDC gear in a Maxpedition Remora gearslinger instead.

16. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I'm not a huge fan of vests, but Oakley's AP vest (long since disco'd) was very tempting. The ladies one looked REALLY nice on my girl though. I wish I bought it for her.

17. DaveL

DaveL Empty Pockets

Scottevest first choice. Wish my vest had sleeves sometimes....so I'm buying a jacket too.
    Domke photo vest second.
    Tilley Endurables third choice.
    DaveL

18. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

This is why i keep wondering about getting one of their tropical jackets. I wonder if one could stash the sleeves in the back pocket when not in use tho.

19. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I've got a cheap Rothco Safari Vest in black that I wear a lot, especially walking my dog. Pockets stuffed with small first aid kit, doggy poop bags, treats, paper towels etc. It's been too hot the last couple months but as the weather cools I'll go back to wearing it. it's also good for hiding my CCW. I'm kinda the neighborhood eccentric, so no one really pays much attention to what I'm wearing anyway. lol.

20. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I've got an out of stock Duluth "force nice" vest in black in my BOB.
    thing holds a TON and is very water resistant.

I've wore it very little in the 10 years I've owned it - just WAY too hot.

I told my wife i wanna get one of those tan "shooters vest" one day so I can carry OWB to some games to see the kids and she said she'd make us drive separate jeeps and make me sit in the bleachers on the other side. lol! :)

(but I do like the "shooters vests" personally...but then again I'd wear one piece jumpsuits with white shoes and no undies and move to florida tommorrow! if I wasn't just 43! :)