1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. Ras50401

Ras50401 Empty Pockets

does anybody use a vest for edc and if so what kind do you wear, and when?

2. Mike 56

Mike 56 Loaded Pockets

I am thinking about buying a fishing vest i have seen them cheap at Walmart. They have lots pockets to carry lots of stuff. Right now i have two light weight jackets in my truck. I remove the pockets and you can fill the liner with gear. I have fishing gear in one and the other is a mini BOB. I just leave them in the truck they look like two old jackets no worries about someone breaking into my truck.

3. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

yes, but not to really carry stuff.
    511 has a nice one, Orvis, and Woolrich make some nice ones as well

4. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

let's not forget ScottiVest. tons of pockets.

5. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

I've got one of the inexpensive foxfire vests. I wear it as an occasional CCW cover in the cooler months and on days when I have to really load up on tech goodies for service calls.

6. FastJohn

FastJohn Loaded Pockets

Magellan has a lightweight, collar-less vest in black or beige that has a mesh back and fits well under any shirt or jacket. More than enough pockets, $49 each.

7. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

You can't say 5.11 without Royal Robbins;D

8. Ras50401

Ras50401 Empty Pockets

my dad has a really nice vest i can't remember the name of it but its waxed cotton and has a ton of pockets with a big enough pocket to carry his ccw it is very nice.

9. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I have a canvas Trail Designs vest that I purchased from Sportsmans Guide some years back. It was only about $20, didn't look bad and more pockets than I have ever know what to do with. It has a button up design and no zippers. It's also tough as nails - I've abused the heck out of it and except for the colar, shoulder epaulets and some of the outer pocket flaps being curled up a little, it looks just as it did when I purchased it. It even has all its buttons. They once were available in a sort of dark kakhi and a light olive color. Highly recommended if you can find it. I looked on the Sportsmans Guide website and couldn't find one, though they carried them for years.

10. Ras50401

Ras50401 Empty Pockets

i don't think alot of people wear vests anymore.

11. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

Yes I have one! And I use it! Its an uasf survival vest. Its has loads of pockets. You can add more or take some off, your choice

12. FreestyleAssassin

FreestyleAssassin Empty Pockets

Unfortunately 5.11 no longer seems to make the 5.11 TACTICAL MESH CONCEALMENT VEST but that was and still is a GREAT professional EDC carry vest...

I also have a lightweight LBV that I stripped to make an under jacket concealment professional EDC vest.

13. durhamsurvivor

durhamsurvivor Empty Pockets

i use a Regatta OS 4 multi pocket travel vest which is commonly available in the Uk for about £25, Mesh lined , UV treated, water resistant, about 14 pockets, great for EDC carry

14. durhamsurvivor

durhamsurvivor Empty Pockets

[​IMG] a photo of my EDC Vest

15. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

this? http://www.911tacticaldirect.com/5-11tacticalmeshconcealmentvest.html

and i have one of those fisher/hunter/wilderness vests hanging in my closet. Used it maybe one summer.

i think i would have used it more if more of the pockets where on the inside rather then the outside.

16. chrisemt
    • In Omnia Paratus

chrisemt Loaded Pockets

Dude,really? Like, out in public? Kinda conspicuous don't ya think?
    -Chris

17. chrisemt
    • In Omnia Paratus

chrisemt Loaded Pockets

During the cooler months (Nov-Feb here is SC) I wear an Under Armour fleece vest as a cover garmet for CCW. I have a 5.11 vest but only where that for IDPA in the summer.The 5.11 screams "shoot me first" in the absence of camera gear dangling from my neck. I bought a really cheap vest at Walmart about 6 years ago made of a Suplex type material. I removed several pockets and now it looks really low profile. Haven't worn that in a long time though.
    -chris

18. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

I have one I use for camping, but I dont EDC with it. I do have a friend at work who does EDC a black cargo vest, regaurdless of the temperature outside.

19. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

For folks that don't like vests per se, I have a canvas chore coat that I got from SportsmansGuide that has loads of pockets inside and out. The sleeves also zip off, giving you a vest (the sleeves stow in an interior pouch that extends along the bottom hemline). The thing also has two good size detachable pouches that attach to the inside. See http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=575697

20. tattoosteve99
    • In Omnia Paratus

tattoosteve99 EDC Junkie!!!

Well they cant see it the way I wear it. Only use the vest in winter or on campong trips