1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Very small belt-mounted Immediate Trauma Kit?

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by RogerStenning, Jun 17, 2018.

1. jbj

jbj Loaded Pockets

Just finished reading the whole thread.

For carrying the gear you’ve decided on, have you thought about a belly band-style holster? Simple, low profile, relatively cheap (even cheaper if you sew your own). The only real drawback might be how it rides for you. I’ve heard some complain about them shifting up above the waistline, but I think that was from guys dragging around a firearm and reloads all day. The great thing about the holster shaped section is that shears slide in there very easily.

Here’s one from DeSantis (there are cheaper ones, this just had the best photos)
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/desantis-ambidextrous-black-medium-size-30-34-elastic-belly-band-060bjg2z0.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#61 jbj, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. jbj

jbj Loaded Pockets

3. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Interesting idea; I'll pass it by the rest of the team, but I suspect it's not going to be that popular an idea for them, they've a more traditional on-your-belt kind of outlook. Must admit, I tend to that myself, most of the time (I've tried the subtle 'covert' shoulder radio rigs over here, and just don't get on with them); likewise, what could best be described as an 'elasticated cummerbund of kit' might not be the ideal solution, as we're hopping in and out of the driving seat a lot on some of the jobs. Thanks for the idea, though.

4. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

5. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

If it wasn't for the lack of a TQ, we might even have gone for that. This said, it's still an option if we go for another format of TQ, such as the RATS TQ.

6. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

We looked at the RATS TQ, but had the feeling it'd take more to apply time than a SWAT-T - anyone have definitive info on that aspect?

7. jbj

jbj Loaded Pockets

Totally understand. I'm still trying to find an ideal solution myself, but for the price, I might give one of these a try. Maybe do some modifications to make it more of a clip-on battle belt type of a rig.

Good luck with the search!

RogerStenning likes this.
  8. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

I am a TCCC instructor and I implore you to ONLY use a CoTCCC approved TQ. This would be the SOF-T or the CAT. The rats has been proved to not be not nearly as effective as either of the aforementioned TQs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I don’t see any pictures of the back of the BFG, but it says one version uses “hook and loop” fastener. If the back panel is hook and loop then you might be able to add the Titan Tactical tourniquet holder with it. Unfortunately that would be added cost and I don’t know about UK shipping.

http://www.titantacticalinnovations.com/products.html

10. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

I had a hunch that might be the case, somehow. Thanks for the confirmation. Is there any reason the SWAT-T isn't on the list?

#70 RogerStenning, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  11. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Shipping to the UK from the US tends to be a tad on the costly side; then there are usually UK Import duties to be paid, and then, in a typical case of "rip-off Britain", if the goods have been sent using USPS, rather than a private courier company (such as FedEx) the Royal Mail charges us a further £8 for the privilege of them handling the customs charges for us, the sods :mad:

This said, a couple of heavy-duty elastic bands would likely do the job, anyhow. In any event, we're still looking at pouches for this kit. More when we have it :)

12. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

13. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Roger, what's your UK source for FFDs? I used to have a couple in my bag but I have used them over time.

14. HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Loaded Pockets

At this point I am getting very confident making duct tape bags and such. Seams trivial to make one for this, the issue is the time spent. If you have an hour should be rather simple with good directions.

15. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

16. Jules

Jules Loaded Pockets

I assume you're not including the trauma Bergen with the defib and oxygen the PPO's always have with them? That allows the carriage of a very minimal ifak.

17. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

Given we're not CP operators, that'd be a "no" ;) Besides, ambulances (full size ambulances, paramedic responder cars, and ambulance paramedic bikers) carry that kit :)

18. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I would imagine that was in the back of the Range Rover, not on their person.

19. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

With a CP team, I'd imagine so as well, but we're not a CP team, so no, we don't carry that sorta kit. We leave that to the Ambulance people.

20. irlemt

irlemt Empty Pockets

If you're looking for an inexpensive Trauma dressing look at the STEROPLAST website (in the UK)/ They do 2 sizes and are cheap as chips. They are double wrapped , with an inner vacuum sealed pack.