1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Very Minimalist Carry

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by irnstad, Jun 1, 2010.

1. xxkid123

xxkid123 Loaded Pockets

knife, watch, cellphone, wallet, light :idiot2: everything i need, i want more i improvise. i haven't found a use for tools except at home, and then i'd rather use the real tool then something small and made for compact carry, not ease of use.

2. mvelimir

mvelimir Guest

Carabiner clip with car keys, alox SAK, Fenix E0, 8Gb SanDisk Cruzer; cellphone; wallet.

soundlessnut likes this.
  3. branespload

branespload Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

This is my most minimal carry. I could eliminate redundancy by leaving the Leaf Storm and watch, but I don't feel comfortable without them. The keychain is the bulk of the "utility" in a tiny, streamlined setup.

4. Ofir_ISR

Ofir_ISR Loaded Pockets

cellphone with a tiny flash memory
    keychain (with multitool on it, perhaps a pico pen, and a tiny LED flashlight)
    wallet (witch a utility card by Victorinox or Tool Logic, a compact pen & a piece of paper)
    watch (G-shock)

that would be enough for me.

5. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I guess I carry minimal as normal - I want to carry what is useful to me in everyday life, without it being a noticeable encumbrance or being noticeable to others - so that generally means pocket carry, with a few pieces for long adventures that I carry in my bag (along with whatever stuff the day needs or has gained).

So the basic gear I carry:
    Victorinox cadet SAK
    Fenix LD01
    Fisher Bullet
    Small notebook
    I guess my watch (either a Citizen BN0000 diver, or Casio AWG-101 G Shock) probably counts too, as it goes on my wrist as soon as I get out of bed

Add to that a phone and wallet (id, credit cards, cash) and you have pretty much everything I *need* in everyday life, which bar a few comfort items I generally carry (mp3, Nintendo DS, camera) is my EDC

Anything that gets added to that has to be well thought out, as everything I add means I have more bulk and weight in my pockets, and more clutter to sort through for the item I want.

6. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I've enjoyed reading through this thread. I guess if I were to really narrow my EDC down to "minimal", meaning only the basics that I use just about daily, I'd simply carry a SAK, very small flashlight, and a pen/small notepad.

7. ?uesto

?uesto Loaded Pockets

My very minimalist carry is when I go running, or for a quick local drive. It consists of Phone, iPod, G-Shock DW-9052, & Gerber Evo Jr. I only bring my Ssurefire if I'm going out close to sundown.

8. Brew

Brew Loaded Pockets

Sinse I wear cargo shorts 99% of the time, I guess I am out. Anyway my EDC is very minimal:
    Benchmade Griptilian (LF)
    Quark AA tactical (RF)
    wallet (LF)
    cell phone (RF)
    cigarettes & lighter (cargo pocket)
    everything else is in a small bag that gets thrown in the car.

9. edsea

edsea Loaded Pockets

10. Plan B

Plan B Loaded Pockets

Wallet
    Cell phone
    Carabiner clip w/ keys
    Pen

11. jackthedog

jackthedog Loaded Pockets

I tend to go for the minimal aspect all the time. I don't like a bunch of stuff in my pockets (despite belonging to this forum). I usually carry:

Wallet
    Keys
    Phone: Droid
    Pen
    Flashlight: Quark 123 or Streamlight Microstream
    Knife: SAK or Spyderco Dragonfly

The phone, wallet, and keys I just carry anyway - so fitting the knife and light in is the main challenge.

12. mlau

mlau Loaded Pockets

I wear fitted slacks or scrubs 90% of the time, so not much space. I started carrying a man purse because my stuff would create unsightly bulges over my disproportionately over muscled legs.

When I'm purseless exploring town: keys, wallet, pen, eraser, ipod touch

The thing is, everything has multiple uses due to selection (except the eraser):
    keys: leatherman squirt, S-biner, house key, car key, bike key
    pen: Platinum multipen. black, red, and pencil. It's also a solid tube of machined brass that's exceedingly tough. While I've worn off parts of the paint from sheer abuse (in the shape of my hand), it still works faultlessly, and would probably serve as a decent self defense tool.
    Wallet: diamond sharpening stone, needle, stampes, cash, credit cards, ID, CPR instructions, probably something else important...
    Ipod touch: multitool extraordinare. I like to pair this with nuforce IEMs to block out sound pollution damage, help with thinking, ignore people.
    Maped Eraser: I just like it's shape. It erases well. It feels good, like a river pebble.

13. onikage

onikage Loaded Pockets

Currently in my pockets all I carry are the following:

Right pocket:
    tiny leather wallet (trifolded money, cards)
    Spyderco Centofante III
    Keys

Left pocket
    iPhone
    Spyderco Dragonfly

I carry a messenger with me but you said no bags. I don't like to stuff anymore in my pockets.

14. Phyre

Phyre Empty Pockets

I think I carry a fairly modest collection of goodies.

Right Front -
    LG enV3 Cellphone
    Kershaw OD-2
    Pilot G-2 Black Pen

Left Front -
    Microsoft Zune 120 w/headphones

Left Rear -
    Keys on carabiner, hooked to the belt loop, dangling the keys in the pocket.
    Keys include: Two keys, bottle opener, Swiss-Tech ScrewzAll, SOG Micron Tanto. I occasionally stick on a small SAK on there, as well. I believe it's the Classic.

Right Rear -
    Thin bi-fold wallet made from 1000D Cordura a friend threw together for me.

Left Wrist -
    Black Timex Camper

15. MagnaWolf

MagnaWolf Loaded Pockets

My current load out:
    Keys
    SAK Explorer
    iPhone 3GS
    Wallet
    Gerber Tempo (looking far a new, small, inexpensive and rugged torch to replace this one)

16. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I have the Urban wallet and am considering the Waterfield wallet currently. How do they compare in size?

17. runcible68

runcible68 Loaded Pockets

My usual EDC is bare bones - a Fenix LD02 and a SOG Flash One in a Skinth pouch. I also have a penknife and pryer/screwdriver thingy on my keychain.

At night I might switch to an Olight S10R and a Cold Steel Recon 1 Mini.

I've learned over the years to keep my expensive Surefire lights and Benchmade knives at home. You lose a SOG or an Olight, oh well. Losing a $300 knife or $200+ light is annoying.

When armed it's usually a Glock 36 in a High Noon IWB or a S&W Airweight Centennial in a pocket holster.

18. CV801

CV801 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

a) from whom?
    b) by whom?

20. veriest1

veriest1 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]2016-07-21_11-07-48 by veriest1, on Flickr

To me this is pretty minimalist and what I usually have on my person around the house. My keys are on the bookshelf and a Galaxy Note4 is being used to take the picture. I find that I can get most of what I need to get accomplished done with this load.

If I go out I'll switch to a Glock 19 and add a reload on a Neomag holder.

DakotaWoodsman likes this.