1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Vertx Ready Pack 2.0 pouch

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ArkansasFan30, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Team, I just bought a new Vertx EDC Ready Pack 2.0 (black) and a Premier Body Armor panel (black).

Does anyone have any great ideas for gear storage? It's not a big bag so I want to maximize my space. Any feedback on that would be very much appreciated!

Specifically, I'd like to get something flat to mount to the hidden MOLLE to store some IFAK components, SOFT-W TQ, comp'd gauze, compression BDG, compact chest seal, and a RATS TQ as well.

I have all kinds of gear like this but none of it fits together in a concise package as I'd like.

RED-FIVE likes this.
  2. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

I'm sure my "save for later" section of Amazon is LOADED with options.

There's this Maxpedition admin pouch that's slim. It's Velcro backed which is nice. I use it in the main pouch, not the molle section tho. There's some off brand slim admin pouches for under 20 bucks on Amazon as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005CSUPCS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

My favorite so far for first aid stuff is the Magpul DAKA small. No molle attachment tho lol.

So, essentially, my recommendations are well outside of your parameters lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#2 demPho, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    ArkansasFan30 likes this.
  3. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Yeah, it doesn't have to be a tacticool brand. Velcro backed would be nice. :D

4. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

I also struggled to find a size-optimized trauma kit pouch, and settled on a Globetrotter.de FRILUFTS UTILITY BAG SET in Size M, which is also water repellent. No MOLLE/PALS, sorry - so it may not be what you are looking for, but may help to look for the right sizes.

FYI: as Globetrotter is a German outdoor brand it may be hard to get this in other countries.

It fits my trauma kit content:
    • pair of Nitrile gloves
    • small trauma shears (cutting clothing and first aid material)
    • SWAT-T TQ (doesn't fit a Cat 7 or SOFT-T)
    • compressed gauze (H&H/NAR)
    • emergency blanket gold/silver
    • pack of handwarmers (can help to keep body temperature up with emergency blanket)
    • pair of NAR Hyfin Vent Chest Seal small
    • BurnShield burn bandage 4"x4"
    • several gauze pads 4"x4"
    • standard gauze bandage (to treat non-trauma wounds)
    The pouch is filled to the brim and measures 14cm height x 19cm width x 7cm depth.

Side note: the trauma kit is used in combination with my EDC pouch (contains URIEL banadage, several bandaids, some medicine) and - when I'm carrying a backpack - there's also either a Cat 7 or a SOFT-T TQ.

This way I have a modular system that adopts to the carrying capabilities I have at that time frame & area I'm going.

Last edited by FiaOlleDog, Sep 20, 2019
    #4 FiaOlleDog, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    ArkansasFan30 likes this.