1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Vertx pants. Very nice but I can't wear them.

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Mitty, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Mitty

Mitty Loaded Pockets

I bought a pair to try when the 50% off coupon code was posted here a month or two ago.

Very nice design and material. The cargo pocket flaps are especially nice, as is the extra zippered front pocket. The "blue jeans" back pockets are a little low class compared to the rest of the design, but at least the size is adequate.

But I can't wear them. Any time I sit with my knee even slightly higher than my hip (recliner chair, sports car, some light airplanes), the contents of the front pockets are dumped out. After wearing them for a couple of days, my car seat becomes a piggy bank. Any time I need change, I just dig under the seat and all of it is there! Unless it is in the cushions of my recliner chair, that is.

I had this problem once long ago with some shorts that had patch-type front pockets. Other than that I have not seen it. Definitely not with 5.11 pants. So I don't think its anything special about me, other than maybe some people don't sit on seats or chairs where their knees end up a little high.

Caveat emptor.

2. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

that a shame but i would think you can combat this small problem by keeping smaller things such as change in the cargo pocket..

i personnal wont carry change in any pant pocket.. also the hidden zipper pocket is another idea too..

i seldom keep items in the front pockets,, i keep them empty for my hands haha

if your my size.. 36x32 snd them my way please

3. Mitty

Mitty Loaded Pockets

Thanks, but we have different philosophies re "things." I don't adapt to things. They either suit my needs, are modified to suit my needs, or they are rejected.

The pockets not being satisfactory pockets is not a "small" thing. It is a major design defect. I wouldn't adapt to a dinner plate with a big hole in the middle either.

Nope. I'm not your size. I'll keep the pants anyway. Maybe use them for painting or something.